December 15, 2006

Of wind and weekends

After a huge storm last night (none of which we hardly felt, oddly enough) my school was delayed by 2 hours this morning - giving me the perfect amount of time to sleep in and to sleep off this silly cold. After a huge week of Christmas Pageants, Series 7, and everything else life brings our way, we are ready for the weekend! Michael came home early from work this afternoon after spending a day with his buddy and a chainsaw out at Mom and Dad Mauss' house, clearing the road. 5-7 days until power for them! And I braved another class party and my kids and I had our classroom looking "spotless" before we left today. Only 2 1/2 more days of school until break!!!

Now it's time for a much needed weekend. Ashley's coming up to stay tomorrow night and we are finally in town for once! It will be nice to have Michael home on a Saturday and to spend time with friends. And, as I overheard today in class, the "countdown to Christmas begins!"

~Kristine

1 comment:

Brett said...

Hello, it is me Brett and i stumbled upon your blog, very nice indeed only one thing to say...
The cure for pain is in the pain,
so it's there that you'll find me.
Until again I forget,
and again he reminds me,
Hear my voice in your head,
and think of me kindly.
Let me be, let me be..
Lowered down like a casket
and buried just below her chest.
Whatever I was searching for,
it was never you, she says.
The record ended long ago,
we go on dancing nonetheless.
I opened like a locket,
If you're ever cold, I wrote,
there's warmth inside me.
I'm the pocket of an old winter coat.
But where she used to say I need you.
Now....I don't.
You'd only make the softest sound,
like sugar pouring into tea.
Darling let your Self pour down
and dissolve into the Love
who revealed himself there quietly to me...
(Jesus have mercy on us.)

This is an awesome song by MeWithoutYou

God Bless

P.S. I also have a blog (although i have not updated it in quite a while) but enjoy anyways
http://ephphatha-metanoia.blogspot.com/