March 8, 2007

Spring Cleaning!

It feels like we've been unpacking and organizing since our wedding, but this past week has been a big spring cleaning for me! My classroom is organized (just have to change those bulletin boards!), I got rid of bags of clothes =0 (and no, Mike, I won't buy a ton to replace them...), and I just cleaned out the fridge. It feels so wonderful to get rid of things I don't use or need. I think I may be weird, but the material things around me either have to serve a purpose or be of sentimental value. And it feels great to let go!

I am also attempting to do some spring cleaning in my soul. I love Lent as a refocusing time. I love the quiet and the framework the church provides to enter deeper into the suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus. My kiddos are praying the Way of the Cross each day (as we complete a way cool coloring book!) and walking with Jesus, as well. And I am so grateful for our parish, Sts Peter and Paul, that provides Adoration, Stations of the Cross, and then Mass each Friday. It's weird to think that in our little way of participating with others and on our own that we are entering into the Sacred Mysteries of Jesus' life. This is a holy time, not just a time to "remember." It may not be the easiest to grasp or to see, but it sure is truth! And I love the freedom that this Truth brings.

No comments: