March 16, 2007

a weekend with friends

Last weekend Michael and I got to spend a couple of days with my bestest friends. Amelia came from Wyoming on a little get-a-way from the amazing work she's doing at a Catholic ranch for troubled girls, and friends from all over the state gathered together to hang out, see new babies and play with "old" ones, and have a hand in a teddy gram poker tournament. (I won, but of course I ate most of the chocolate ones before I could count them...)

I have known these people since my freshman year in college and these girls, especially, show me what it really means to be a woman in a world that tells me a definition that is completely opposite. I love them so much! I only wish we were all closer...But here are some pictures and some memories to share with you!
(picture up top: Cheri, Amelia, Annie, Kristine, Jessi)


the boys: Jamie with son Isaiah, Mark, Zach with son Issac, and Mike


Mike with Issac, who is obssesed with the fan!


Isaiah and me


Jessi and 4 month old daughter, Catherine (Isaiah's sister)


Cheri and Annie with yummy Teddy Grams


Amelia and me on Ruston Way in Tacoma

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! It's Stephanie! Nice pictures, so good to see pics of Zach and Cheri and Jamie and Jessi with their kids. The kids are so cute! I haven't seen any pics of Isaiah and Catherine recently so it's fun to see those! Isaiah looks a lot like his daddy! :) Hope all is going well with you! Hope to see you around...

Seminarian said...

I hate California. I miss Washington, but most especially, I miss all of you.

Amelia said...

I think we should do this...in even bigger form every year!!!! I love you guys! And Bryan, we miss you too! :)

Br. Matthew Augustine, OP said...

Hey, I know these people! ;)

Wish I could be with you all but I too am camped out in California. At least I'm not in LA (Sorry Bryan). God bless and you are all in my prayers.