October 9, 2007

Preggy Pics


So, I finally had Michael snapshot my pregnant belly. I seriously only have 2 non-preggy pants that somewhat fit, but I guess that goes with the territory! It's both fun and scary to see the outside changes that are occurring in me (but mostly fun, because after all this, our prize is a BABY!!).


Being pregnant, especially around people who understand the value, dignity, and incredible miracle of an unborn child, has been wonderful. This past weekend Michael and I went to Bellingham (more on this in a later post) and we stayed at a lovely home of an incredibly kind and faithful couple from Sacred Heart. They insisted we have their own comfy bed, and said that a pregnant woman shouldn't be sleeping on a futon! Whenever the priest at our church sees me he addresses me as "blessed." (I told Michael he needs to start calling me this...) And whenever I walk down the hall at my school with more than 2 papers in my hand, others will insist on carrying it for me. Now, I'm not saying all this to make me look special or anything, but if only our culture saw the beauty and sacredness of pregnancy the same way as these people mentioned above.


We had our 20 week appointment yesterday and the baby is doing wonderful. Baby Mauss' heart is very "mature" and the doctor did an ultrasound to measure the legs, arms, fingers, head, and everything else (except for you know what...we want to be surprised!). The baby was being a bugger, though - trying to kick the ultrasound probe. We even got a picture of him picking his ear and swallowing the lovely amniotic fluid. After the ultrasound our doctor said he could tell if the baby was a boy or a girl and he wanted to tell us so badly! But, although I felt a moment of weakness, I stuck by my guns and I said no! I need some motivation to get me through labor!


Thanks for all your continued prayers and I will keep you posted if I get the ultrasound pictures uploaded. =)

7 comments:

Shannon said...

You look FABULOUS Kristine. I´m so excited for you guys. God bless and continued success for the rest of your pregnancy. I hope to see you guys in December when I am home.

Seminarian said...

Awesome post Kristine! I'm so happy to hear you and the baby are doing well.

God bless,

Bryan

Jonathan said...

Has anyone started a pool yet??? I've got $5 on it being a girl.

Michael and Kristine said...

do i get the $$$ if you're right?
haha...

kris said...

Kristine
You are a beautiful pregnant mom! I am glad to hear all is well. You both have made the right decision to remain surprised by the sex of the baby! Tim and I have NEVER known the sex of our babies until that powerful moment of birth. I cannot express in words the THRILL of that moment when you look at your little baby for the first time and you are "introduced" to them as son or daughter...
Also, I am glad to hear that you are having so many positive experiences with others towards your pregnancy. The fact that it is your first is on your side. I have had both positive and negative comments. The negative ones always seemed to come when I was out with all my kiddos and a pregnant belly to boot! People just couldn't resist saying such lovely, non-judgemental things like "this is your 5th? are you nuts!!" Thank heavens our culture has not reached the point yet where people say "this is your first baby? are you nuts!!"
Kris

Kris Orlowski said...

I'm so excited to hear you are pregnant! Congratulations and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Chris & Bekah said...

Cute little belly! :) Congrats again on baby Mauss!

-Bek