March 26, 2009

Our Day

I have always known the importance of schedules and routines once kids get older and oddly enough a schedule has emerged on its own for Avila and I. For more great advice for you SAHM's (stay at home mom's) out there click on this great post from Simple Mom.

Obviously this isn't exact to the minute, but it gives us a framework to our day to be able to get stuff done and know what to expect.

7:00am: Wake-up time! I let Avila talk to herself in her crib while I make coffee and make the bed. Once the talking turns into the rattling of the bars on the crib, I know it's time to get her up! We also get dressed and ready for the day (otherwise this wouldn't happen until noon!).

7:30am: Breakfast...and COFFEE! I check my emails and get computer work done while Avila eats her grub.

8:00am: We snuggle together with our green blanket on the couch to watch a little bit of "Word World," only the coolest cartoon ever. Everything is spelled out in words - you have to check it out. (When we have more disposable income, I'm totally donating to PBS!)

9:00-10:00am: We hit the gym. Mama gets in her morning workout (a run, Spin, or kickboxing) while Avila plays with her buddies in the nursery. Sometimes she hangs out in the stroller or crawls around in my kickboxing class, along with the other toddlers in there! On Thursdays, however, we try to make it to Mass - to fulfil my goal of going to daily Mass once a week.

10:30am: Snack time! We share a smoothie or other yummy goodie.

11:00-12:00: Avila = nap time...yesss. I get in my morning prayers and do whatever chores or work that can't get done with a toddler around.

12:30pm: Lunch time. I do more work or blogging while she eats.

1:30-4:00pm: This is when we play, run errands, go for a walk, head to the park, read books, do more chores, and start dinner.

4:00-4:30pm: Avila nap time. Mama takes a breather :)

4:30ish: Papa comes home from another long day at work. Avila hangs out wth him and gives him snuggles.

5:30pm: Dinner

7:00pm: our Rosary (hopefully...we need to stop forgetting...)

7:30pm: Bath time for Avila.

8:00pm: Avila's bedtime and time for mama and papa to have some alone time, eat popcorn, and decompress from the day.

No comments: