March 6, 2009

Ten Commandments of a Wife and Mother

Michael came across this website and initially found the Ten Commandments of a Husband and Father. I read it and wondered if there was such a thing for wives and mothers. And there is! (To my surprise there are also the Ten Commandments for Children and Teens...Avila, start reading!) They are very concrete and are a good guide to developing a Catholic home, for God knows, in this world, we need all the help we can get.

The part that struck me the most is that women are the "heart" of the home. While men are the "head," us women have the incredible responsibility of setting the tone and mood of the household, and ultimately the family in general. I know that when I am grumpy, so is everyone else, and when I am joyful...well, you get the picture.

I pray that, with God's grace, I can truly be a loving wife, a formative mother, and a holy woman.

Ten Commandments of a Husband and Father

Ten Commandments of a Wife and Mother

Ten Commandments of Children and Teens

No comments: