May 8, 2009

7 Quick Takes Vol. 5


1. I am inspired. After watching contestants on The Biggest Loser run a marathon, I got the running bug! I've been running for a while now, which is a big feat in and of itself because, even though I love working out, I used to hate running. But it is now my goal, sometime in my life to run a marathon. I'm up to 4 miles at a time...now I just have to figure out a way to add 22.2 miles to what I'm currently doing. =0

~~~

2. I love getting older (says the 25 year old). What I mean is that I love the new found wisdom and happiness that comes with each new age and stage in life. As I get older I figure more out about myself, my life, and my faith that helps me to conquer bad habits and foster the good ones. Ultimately life and happiness are a choice, and I've realized from my experiences that life is too short to make decisions that I know will make me unhappy or that go against God's will. I'm sooo not perfect, but I am striving for perfection (the kind that God asks for), and I can save myself a lot of heartache by doing things right in the first place - instead of learning the hard way.

~~~

3. I love Costco, but I think they're trying to rip us off, in a sneaky kind of way. Each roll in the entire package of Kirkland toilet paper starts out as one-ply. I thought it was just a mistake in one or two rolls but, no! At least a 1/4 of each roll is like this...hmmm

~~~

4. I am totally nesting as if I were 9 months preggo. I'm not pregnant, however my desire to clean and organize is incredible. Maybe it's because I have a ton of more storage space in my new laundry room (and attic) that all I want to do is think about how I can organize everything. And then maybe the itch is spreading to other rooms in the house. Whatever the reason, at least I'm staying on top of my house work, and then some!

~~~

5. I'm going on the second time of coloring my own hair, and this was one of the best cost-saving decisions I've made. For $10 at Sally Beauty Supply my hair color is finally what I've wanted it to be ever since I started having it highlighted! I should've saved the ______ amount of dollars just doing this in the first place... (I don't put an amount in the blank because I don't even want to add up how much highlighting costs in a salon, even if I did get a good deal)

~~~

6. I can't believe how busy we are! It seems like we have something every weekend, and that this will be the case through the fall, as football is starting for Michael. We're getting to the point that we're starting to schedule in our hikes and fun summer activities before every free day gets eaten up.

~~~

7. Speaking of football, I am glad Michael is coaching again this year. My only rule is no newborn during football season, and since no baby is coming this fall, he's given permission! Avila is going to have so much fun running around the track and distracting daddy during practice this fall!

No comments: