May 21, 2009

7 Quick Takes Vol. 6







1. My sweet little girl has been super annoying. Maybe it's recovering from a week of traveling and a couple weeks of being off schedule, maybe it's her molars coming in, maybe it's the fact that she's sick, or maybe she figured out that she's approaching 15 months old - which is more and more like a girl and less and less like a baby. Whatever it is, this says it all:




sorry about the weird nose color thing...i don't know what happened


~~

2. I go to bed way too late. (Hence, this post written late at night.) I have the best of intention of turning off the tube at 10pm, but 10:00 turns into 11:00 and before I know it I haven't made Michael's lunch yet and done my bedtime "routine" and it's 11:30 when I'm pulling up the sheets. Ugh...I need to turn my intention into reality!

~~

3. Speaking of "good intentions," I have had the phrase: "The path to hell is paved with good intentions..." stuck in my head all week. Maybe it's to kick my bootie into gear and stop saying and intending all the things I need to do and just do them! I've actually been quite haunted by this phrase and think it's going to require some major soul searching and examining my conscience to figure out what I need to fix.

~~

4. Swimming lessons have been so much fun! We go 2 days a week, but I think I'm going to take Avila to open swim more. In just 3 lessons she's learned to hold onto the wall for over 10 seconds, climb out of the pool, and kick. But most of all she loves to jump off the side. She looks more at the teacher than at me (teacher's pet) and does the motions to the songs all over the house. She even went completely underwater for the first time and after once or twice it didn't phase her. She was actually more worried about another kid stealing her ball...

~~

5. I can't believe how quickly Avila's vocabulary is growing. Her current new words: blue, Hawaii (sounds totally the same), Tacoma ("noma"), bull (when asked, "Where does daddy work?"), and God. If she's that quick on the uptake, I need to figure out how to teach her to give me a back massage.

~~

6. My house is finally back in order. Crevices and corners are clean, laundry is caught up and everything is organized. I can honestly say that there is not one place in my home that contains any clutter! We have been living in our home 2 years last weekend, and after all the remodels to our quaint little home I now have a place for everything. Nothing is stuffed in closets or in drawers and I even took the time to reorganize all my craft stuff and create a craft station in my new laundry room! And yes, dad, I promise promise promise I will post pictures - soon!

~~

7. The Novena to the Holy Spirit starts today! You can find the link here. It will end on the eve of Pentecost. It is so powerful, as it's the first novena ever prayed: with Mary and the Apostles waiting and praying for nine days for the coming of the Holy Spirit. It's a nine-day series of prayers focusing on the gifts of the Holy Spirit: Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety, and Fear of the Lord. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I keep thinking of this picture and it cracks me up! Miss Personality! :)