May 6, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Waking up yesterday morning I realized it was Cinco de Mayo! And now that Avila is getting old enough to understand and participate in things, I thought to myself that we have to do something fun! Fortunately, we already had our good friends, Joe and Rebecca, coming over for a yummy dinner. The menu? Chili-rubbed Chicken with Sour Cream and Avocado, Black Beans and Rice, and a yummy salad, SOOOO good! (We then worked off our meal by watching The Biggest Loser...that counts right?)

During the day Avila and I listened to Latin and salsa music, played our maracas, and danced around the house. I don't have a stockpile of dress-up clothes yet, but when I do, watch out! It was a fun day and a good chance to do something special.






"Salsa" with papa:

No comments: