May 4, 2009

So cool!

A few weeks ago I received a phone call from the Dept. of Health and Human Services. They wanted me to participate in a phone survey about National Immunization, and, while I would usually say "No thanks" and hang up the phone, I realized that the person on the other end is not purposefully trying to be an annoying telemarketer - they have a job to do, too. So many times they get disgusted people on the phone saying "How dare you call me!" Although I didn't necessarily want to take the time to take a survey, I knew this was a legit cause and I did have the time. So, I agreed.

At the end of the survey, the lady on the phone said that I would be receiving $15 for my time and my phone minutes. And, to my surprise, $15 in cash arrived today from the Dept. of Health and Human Services! Not that money will be showing up on my doorstep every time I do something nice, but God really does reward us when we take time for others!

No comments: