8 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
- Having grass in our backyard. Michael is working super hard to finish the sprinkler system and get the green stuff planted. I can't wait!
- Seeing my family next weekend for my youngest sister's graduation from college. Go Kels!
- This entire summer. I have been looking forward to this summer since last summer when Avila was super little and I was going through all my stuff. I'm excited about parks and swimming and playdates and sunscreen and picnics and the zoo and farmer's markets and hiking and camping and anything else that comes up!
- Celebrating our 3 year anniversary in August. Our past 2 anniversaries have been, how shall I say, interesting - with the different things planned over our special day. Our first anniversary I was in Canada at Malibu, the Young Life camp, and our second anniversary was spent in Dickinson, North Dakota on an unexpected layover. This year our special day is ours.
- Going to Lake Chelan with Mike's fam...I've never been
- Going to Steubenville NW
- Getting decked out in Bellarmine gear and going to football games this fall!
- Finishing my Mother's Rule of Life Mission Statement for our home and family. This has been one of the most influential books in my role as a mom and has enabled me to organize my days as to not feel overwhelmed with my duties.
- Had an awesome workout. After taking it easy for a couple weeks, I'm back even stronger and am ready to tear it up again.
- Tried to calm a screaming toddler on the way home from the gym because she wanted my water bottle in the car (which is not kiddie proof). Tactics: Call my mom and have her talk over speakerphone, sing the "Babies on the Bus" 50 times, pretend I'm a dog and bark (probably not a good thing while driving), play Shrek on the DVD player. What worked? Coming home, giving her a toothbrush, getting into our little "fort" (a blanket pulled over our heads), and singing.
- Went and had lunch with the teachers at the school I used to teach at. It was so good to catch up and stay in contact with great people. Avila got to wear her official "Visitors Pass."
- Spent another naptime out on the deck. And started reading Time For God.
- Put off doing a couple chores so that Avila and I could enjoy some quality time together.
- Visited Michael at Bellarmine Prep where he coaches football. She got to hang out with him by all the big football boys and she ran around the field clapping as they did drills. (She also broke my last wearable pair of sunglasses. Whose fault? Mine of course. She attempted to fix them for about 20 minutes until she saw a hill she wanted to climb...)
- Folded laundry with my hubby in our new laundry room.
- Watched "So you think you can dance" which always gives me the dancing bug (I grew up as a dancer) and hit Michael every time he made a sarcastic comment about the dancing or the judges.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
- Be a dancer again (maybe take a ballet class this summer?)
- Decrease my caffeine intake
- Be a better baker (I am working on this one)
- Take a long trip throughout the East Coast
- Go to Mass everyday
- See Dave Matthews at the Gorge again...9th row seats + the best concert EVER = a time to remember
- A pull-up
- Remember what day it is
8 (kind of) Shows I Watch:
- 7th Heaven
- The Office
- So You Think You Can Dance...
- Shows with Avila: Super Why and Word World
- Jon and Kate Plus 8
Now I'll tag: Cheri, Carrie, Lindsay, Amelia, and Anna!!!