July 20, 2009

Lake Chelan 2009

This past week Michael, Avila, and I joined Jonathan, Shelley, Thomas, Tom and Karol for a week in the water and sun on Lake Chelan. It came at the best time for us, as we needed time away from life for a while. We did a whole lot of nothing, and nothing included laying in the sun, swimming in the lake, a little putt-putt golf, visiting many of the beautiful wineries, and jet-skiing. (On a side note: apparently, for the 3 years we have been married, Michael thought I was a wuss. That is, until I drove the jet-skii. Now he thinks I'm cool...) I even managed to continue with my P90X on the balcony off our bedroom!

We'd never taken a trip with everyone on Mike's side, so it was great to have good family bonding time (aka: Speed Uno and a water balloon launcher), long talks, and watch the cousins play. Avila ended up getting a little sick (I think from the lake water sitting overnight in her pool) but all in all it was an absolutely fabulous time!

Here are some pictures from the week. For even more, and to check out more with Jonathan, Shelley and Thomas, click here.


the view from the deck





lounging with grandpa mauss




Michael begging us to come join him...


a little over-dived...yet quite funny





with cousin Thomas and Grandpa and Grandma


at Vin du Lac Winery


learning how to share, and carrying the book she is obsessed with. every morning, when she woke up, it wasn't "hi" or "mama" but rather "nigh nigh moon?!"





simply relaxed





floating with my babe


we put avila's pool on the dock, which seemed to keep her relaxed and contained





Grandpa Salber would be proud


trying a pickle...








papa and his girl


yes, this is where I got to do my workouts. sweating is nothing with that view!


just lounging...life couldn't get any better


after dinner at Tsillan Cellars






























No comments: