August 14, 2009

7 Quick Takes Vol. 14




1. I have decided to time myself to see how long it takes to clean certain areas of my house. I seem to usually put off some duties because I think it takes too long, but I have now found out that this excuse is no longer valid. For example, it took me only 10 minutes to both dry and wet mop my floors in the kitchen, living area, and bathroom! It feels like a lot longer than that, but now that I know the truth I can squeeze in my cleaning different times in the day. It also helps that Avila is becoming a little helper, too!




~~

2. I am halfway through P90X! I only have like 6 more weeks to go until I have completed the program. I love how the workouts change up every 3 weeks and how much easier it is to tote Avila around. It's also awesome to see how many people are getting hooked - I should become a spokesperson!

~~

3. My parents sold their house! Although they don't move until this coming week and something, God willing nothing, could still fall through, it is pretty much a final deal. This is the house I lived in from my Freshman year of high school until I moved out to get married. It holds lots of memories, but I am excited for my parents to move on from the work (lots of landscaping) and begin to enjoy life with grown children and little grandbabies. God has been guiding them through this process, for sure. A few days after they sold their house, by a stroke of Providence they found another that exceeded their expectations. An offer was made the following morning and the rest is stressful, I mean history. =) Keep them in your prayers as they make this move!


Pictures from my last time "home"













~~

4. I have found a trick to getting my prayer life rolling during the day. I realized that I felt bad for waiting until even the afternoon to pray, so I wouldn't do it at all. (I know, stupid excuse.) But then I noticed that if I say the Morning Offering when I wake up (I have included a Hail Mary and Guardian Angel Prayer, as well) then I am more apt to pray during the day. Since Avila is a holy little prayer, I have included her in my morning prayers, too. Knowing that prayer is the lifeblood of a relationship with God, I can't let my time with Him slip by day after day. For without Him, I can do nothing.

~~

5. As I mention just about every week, I am glad that I am usually the only adult home with Avila during the day. Because I get silly. Having a toddler gives me an excuse to be a kid again and on any given day you can find me bouncing on the bed, crawling like a dog, and singing at the top of my lungs (all of which garner a laugh). I love that I get to be silly - plus it allows me to blow off some of the stress that having a toddler can bring on. I see so many moms that fight against their children and, although I am the boss, I want Avila to have someone she can laugh and cry with. I find that by putting my kid shoes on, I get to develop a rapport with my child that will aid me in the years to come.

~~

6. Avila, myself, and my friend Rebecca had the most fun trip to the zoo this morning! Since we usually don't stay for longer than an hour or so, we hadn't checked out the Arctic animals exhibits until today. This was the most fun Avila's had at the zoo thus far. She loved the polar bears, but the walruses were her favorite. They would swim right up on the glass and I haven't heard her laugh that hard in a long time! We stayed with them for at least 20 minutes and I can't wait to bring her back to the walruses again.












~~

7. I will be on hiatus from blogging next week because Avila, myself and Karol (Grandma Mauss) will be making the trek to Iowa to visit Avila's Great-Grandparents! She hasn't met them yet and I haven't seen them in a while so we are looking forward to the trip. Pray for safe travels!






No comments: