August 5, 2009

Wedding Moments

I've seen this survey around facebook and other blogs and since our anniversary was a couple days ago, I thought I'd give a little glimpse into some of the details of our special day. Enjoy!



1. Where or how did you meet? Bellingham, WA - Newman Catholic Ministry at WWU

2. How long after you met did you start dating? A little over a year - after I graduated from college

3. How long did you date before you were engaged? 9 months

4. How long was your engagement? 5 months to the day!

5. How many people came to your wedding reception? at least 350

6. What kind of cake did you serve? dark chocolate with raspberry filling...I salivate just thinking about it

7. Where was your wedding? At Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Bellingham.

8. What did you serve for your meal? Salmon and Lemon Chicken

9. How many people were in your bridal party? 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, and 3 ushers (Michael has too many friends!)

10. Are you still friends with them all? of course :)

11. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony? I teared up before I walked down the aisle and Michael had a little cry when I sang the song I wrote to him

12. Most special moment of your wedding day? Oh so many! I would say the "Gloria" during the Mass, saying our vows, the first moments as husband and wife, watching Michael dance with his mom and birth-mom, and singing my song to him at the reception

13. Any funny moments? Because I am from the Catholic ministry at Western, we know a choreographed dance to like a million songs (for the retreats we put on). For almost every other song, people would come from all over the hall, congregate on the dance floor, and bust out the moves.

14. Any big disasters? My train was so heavy that the bustle didn't work. I had to safety pin it up and I have proof in a picture that I wasn't nice to my mom when it happened!

15. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We went to Kona, Hawaii and stayed at Kona Village. It was awesome.

16. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I would have worn my hair a little different - maybe a little loser and not as "rigid"

17. Greatest strength(s) as a couple? Our communication, our ability to have fun no matter the situation, our faith in Christ and our ability to ask for forgiveness from one another

18. Greatest challenge(s) as a couple? Overcoming the differences between men and women. We both expect each other to have the same emotions and expectations. And I would say my attitude is sometimes a great challenge...

19. Who literally pays the bills? Michael, but I keep track of our budget

20. What is your song? We don't technically have a "song," but our first dance was "Angel" by John Stoddart. I cry even now when I listen to it.

21. Describe your wedding dress: Sweetheart neckline, beaded top bodice, a-line and somewhat poofy at the bottom. It had gorgeous buttons down the back and beading on the train.

22. Are your wedding bands engraved? No, although that would be cool!

23. What are you doing to celebrate your anniversary? We took the boat out on the sound and cruised while enjoying Subway sandwiches!

1 comment:

Erin said...

sounds like a beautiful wedding!! You have a lot of courage for singing a song (let alone one you wrote) at your reception to your hubby!! would have loved to hear!