September 4, 2009

7 Quick Takes Vol. 15




1. So I've definitely been MIA in the blogging world as of late. I have been both busy and trying to relax at the same time. It's a weird combination to sustain, I know. It will definitely help that I have family coming up next week to curb Avila of her boredom (at least I'm still taking her swimming, and we even went to the zoo this morning) and relieve me so I can get a few things done.

~~~


2. Speaking of Avila, I haven't posted pictures in a while! She is growing like a weed, and her vocabulary is growing even faster than that. Because she says "no" to every question that you ask her (besides "do you want a cookie?") I have found a new trick to get her to say "yes." Our new word for "yes" is "Qui" and it worked like a charm for about a day. I would have to say the the funniest thing she's learned is to say "I love you" followed by "Peace Out." I promise a video to come very soon. But the not-so-cute thing is her new obsession with sticking things into her ear. You know the end of a pair of headphones? Yup, I found her shoving it into her eardrum, followed by a big "OW" and a repeat of the same situation all over again just 2 seconds later. Maybe she has a thing for pain, because when she experiences the bulb syringe she bats and squirms and then asks for more.

~~~

3. We have grass! It is just about all done growing in and it look b-e-a-utiful. It seems like with projects such as this it takes forever to get all the prep and behind the scenes work done and then all of a sudden, POOF! It's finished and looks great. Again, pictures soon!

~~~

4. I am sooooo excited for the fall. I can already dream of sweaters and (sugar-free) hot chocolate and cozying up by the fire - except we don't have a fireplace. But that won't prevent me from finding a a fire somewhere, heck my husband's a pyro and I'm not too shy with matches either. All kidding aside, I love the fact of having four seasons and just when I get tired of tank-tops and shorts, it's time for long-sleeves and the new boots I got for my birthday (I love how it always falls during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - thanks hubby for my new shoes!).

~~~

5. Because it's almost fall that means it's time to start thinking about Christmas!? I know it's a bit early but with the budget we've established I'm trying to fit Christmas presents into what we currently spend each month and that means I need to spread the gift purchasing out over the next 4 months. We might need to add a little to the Christmas pot, but by trying to budget for it ahead of time, I know we'll spend less and get the added bonus of being done before the Christmas rush.

~~~

6. Back to Avila - she is definitely into copying what I say. And I find myself saying, with a little sigh might I add, "Oh Avila!" and "Avila Marie!" quite a bit. In her language it translates to "Oh LaLa" and "Avie Rie!" I hope she's not trying out new nicknames.

~~~

7. Tonight is Bellarmine's first football game of the season! Avila will be decked out in her Lion costume with pom-pom in hand and a mighty "roar" in her belly. Since we go to practices and the team dinners the night before the game, Avila's already accustomed to football-world, but tonight will be her first official game out of the womb. I just hope the rain holds off. Either way, as Avila says, "Go! Go! Go!"

No comments: