September 18, 2009

7 Quick Takes Vol. 16




1. My mind has been so blank over the past few weeks. No revelations, no epiphanies, no substantial thoughts, and it's even hard to come up with some quick takes to put here! C'mon brain, I need to remember what's been happening in my life, at least over this past week!
~~

2. Trying to overcome my long bout of brain fog, I will leave you with a couple videos...This one is from the show that Avila and I watch together - Gilmore Girls. Well, I watch it and she runs to the TV whenever a song is on. Just watch out when the credits come on - she will look like she's on the verge of tears while begging for "more LaLa" over and over.



~~

3. This video is Avila singing her version of the ABC's while trying to do the sign language for the letters. Even as I post and play these videos now she's trying to recreate them once again.




~~

4. Keeping up with the Avila theme, I realized I should never underestimate the capabilities of a toddler. As we were driving to her doctor appt this morning, I look back to see that the lipgloss I gave to her to play with had been unscrewed and was all over her face. Mind you this wasn't any ordinary lipgloss - it just happened to be the long-lasting, stays on all day until you use some sort of paint remover to get it off type lipgloss. Luckily I caught her just in time and managed to steal away the loot and pass her a wipe to clean her face. And mama learned not to give anything to her child that may likely result in stains.

~~

5. I LOVE Avila's Pediatrician. Dr. Themelis and his staff are incredible! I drive all the way to Parkland (about 20min - near PLU) to take Avila to him and I come away from every appointment knowing that they have the best interests of my daughter at heart. They take time to listen and answer questions and I never feel rushed. It is also comforting to know that their office is very pro-life and that they view children as blessings. It was by the grace of God I found them and I am grateful for all they do.

~~

6. On a different note, I must say that Tacoma drivers are still horrible. If I get stuck behind another person driving 15mph or I get into another near accident because people don't know how to manage 4-way stops, I think I'm going to pull my hair out! It's not that I am an impatient driver, I just get really frustrated at the lack of concern people have for others. It's not fun to get tailgated simply because you stop for a pedestrian and it's certainly not fun having people do illegal things simply to get one spot ahead of you.

~~

7. Homemade mini-pizzas have been my lunch staple for the past week. I just take a whole-wheat english muffin, lightly toast it, spread yummy amounts of pizza sauce and cheese, and broil them for a couple minutes. It's a fast, cheap, and healthy lunch (or quick dinner) and oh so good. I actually got the idea from my hot lunch program at the Catholic grade school I went to (they made everything fresh...mmmm good memories) and I remember them being so wonderful and I just had to recreate this comfort food of mine. I would post a picture but I just ate them all.

1 comment:

Val said...

The abc's video is waaay too cute!