September 25, 2009

Giving Hope to the Little Ones



In lieu of my traditional 7 Quick Takes Friday, I dedicate this post to my sister, Kelsey, and her new endeavors. Early this morning she boarded a plane to Houston, TX to be a Volunteer Foster Parent to children at Casa de Esperanza - a place that houses children who are taken away from their parents. The ages of the kids ranges from infants-6 years old. These children have issues such as being abused, neglected, or even HIV positive.

I know Kelsey had a hard time leaving her family behind, as we won't get to see her much over this coming year. However, I know that God has her in the right place. With her immense love for children, she will get to provide security and hope to the little ones who don't have it. I am really proud of her and I can't wait to see what this year brings her.

I would love for you to keep up and follow her journey. She's started a new blog (gotta love the blogs)! You can find it on the blog roll and to read her first post click below.

Giving Hope to the Little Ones

No comments: