November 20, 2009

7 Quick Takes Vol. 18




I realized I haven't done these in a while, and since I've been spending all day cleaning and finishing my Christmas shopping (wohooo) all I have time for are quick takes of our week.

1. Avila is starting to say those funny toddler phrases you often hear. I've posted some on facebook, but my favorites are: "Mama, cute!" - "MAMA! MAMA! MAMA! MAMA! ... I love you." - "Anaya, Audy (Audrey), Marta, Brian..." (naming everyone in someone's family) - "Naked baby!" (while looking down her shirt. This is also a fun one when in the locker room after swimming...not)

~~

2. I finally ordered our wedding album! After 3 1/2 years of marriage I now have physical pictures to document our day. It's quite large with a beautiful leather cover and I can't wait to show it off at Thanksgiving next week :) I ordered it through the program "My Publisher" and one of the reasons I waited so long was for the online coupons sometimes sent out. I scored with a 40% off coupon plus no charge for extra pages (it's quite long). It ended up being cheaper than printing the pictures at someplace like Fred Meyer or Costco. Michael said I would never look at it, but so far I've peeked through it everyday. I am now addicted to making photobooks.



~~

3. Speaking of coupons, Michael and I are poking through our lives to see where we can cut back even more. And it's kind of become a fun little game for me. The saying is definitely true that when you have more, you want more & when you have less, you want less. Not only are we preparing for baby #2 but, most of all, we want to set ourselves up for a good future down the road. Living on a budget teaches us to spend wisely and to evaluate what our needs truly are. I am often convicted by Luke 16:10 that says, "The person who is trustworthy in very small matters is also trustworthy in great ones; and the person who is dishonest in very small matters will be dishonest in great ones." I want the Lord to know that he can trust us with every little blessing he gives us, so that we can enjoy whatever prosperity (if any) He has planned for us down the road.

~~

4. I have accepted the fact that nausea will be my indefinite companion. During my first trimester I counted down the days until 12 weeks, then 16 weeks (all times when morning sickness usually fades) however I am currently 19 weeks pregnant and although it's not as bad, I still have days where all I want to do is lay on the couch. But I have decided that no matter how I'm feeling, I just have to push through. I've started working out again (which has helped), eating more protein, and keeping distracted - knowing that being nauseous is a good sign and I really have nothing to complain about. It is simply another way I can die to myself and prepare for the changes that having another child will bring.



~~

5. If you haven't yet, you have to check out my sister's blog. I cannot believe the circumstances she is faced with everyday and her joy through it all is incredible. She is truly becoming a saint through how much she gives everyday, and she is an example to me in what it means to be a mother.

~~

6. By following Simple Mom's advice on email inboxes, I have successfully cut my inbox down from 130 emails to an average of 20 and spend less time on emailing each day. You can read her advice here. I, too, use Gmail (love it) and instead of having my email open all day I make a point to sit down and really give my attention to the emails staring at me.

~~

7. I am still in LOVE with P90X. Ever since I started working out a few weeks ago, I have incorporated most of these DVD's back in. I obviously don't push as hard, and I make adaptations like no laying on my back and using bands instead of doing pull-ups, but it is such a great way to be at home (working out on my own time) and get an awesome workout in. I never used to think Yoga was super hard, but after 3 months off, um...I can still feel that one. I try to get in 4-5 days a week (P90X, kickboxing at the gym - where Avila can run around with her little friends, and maybe a walk on the weekends) and I know that it all will pay off in the long run. (Run, get it?)

No comments: