December 10, 2009

7 Quick Takes Vol. 19




Quick Takes are technically supposed to be done on Fridays, but I'm living on the wild side. :)

1. Avila is currently wearing clothes she's had for over a year. Her sweatshirt is size 12mo (purchased when she was 6mo) and her pants are size 12mo. (purchased from a resale shop when she was 8mo). I will admit, the pants are getting a little short and the sweatshirt a little tight, but I can't pack clothes away until they're impossible to get on. Actually, most of the clothes she has in her closet are a year old or I will use them in one way or another for a year. I buy pants too big and roll them up until they fit, and the nice thing about having a girl is that she wears her shirts as dresses until they become shirts!

~~

2. I've been thinking that our 8:30 (sometimes 9:00am) wake-up call is a little late. Avila usually gets up about 8:00 but then plays in her crib for a bit while I continue to doze in and out of sleep. A part of me feels guilty for getting up that late, but then I tell myself I'm having another baby in 4 months and sleeping until 9am won't happen again, ever. So, the moment the guilt hits I grab the covers, snuggle underneath, and try to catch as many zzzzz's as I can.

~~

3. Michael had to take a 5-day long business trip last week and I used it as a great opportunity to catch up with girlfriends. I had 3 slumber parties in a row that involved movies, chocolate, and talking late into the night. Plus Avila got some good girlfriend time in, too. (It's funny that all her friends around here are girls!)

~~

4. Now that Avila is speaking in almost-sentences, she of course is talking more (is that possible?). But that means she is also demanding more. Before bed it's "rock you" (rock me) and "lullabye" - meaning that I have to rock her in the chair while singing a lullabye or she freaks out. In the car, she has certain songs she wants to listen to, "Pay Lord" (Praise the Lord) and "children" (the God is Love song). At least they're both from a children's Christian CD, but that also means I have to listen to kids singing all the time.

~~

5. You know it's time to get rid of a pair of shoes when you child shouts, "Grandpa's shoes!"

~~

6. I posted this on Facebook a while ago, but Avila thinks it's funny to say "Sleep in Heavenly Pee" followed by a big "P.U." every time Silent Night comes on. She also thinks it's funny to walk around saying "WalMart." Kids are weird sometimes...

~~

7. Happy Birthday, Grandpa Mauss! I love you so much and thanks for watching me this week - even though I gave you a big surprise ;) It was fun hanging out with you. Thank you for being such an awesome grandpa! LOVE, Avila



No comments: