December 19, 2009

a little holiday cheer

This past week Michael, Avila and I joined the Herring Family (Tom, Carrie, Clare, and James) for an evening at Zoolights. It was a fun to get out and enjoy a family outing, as just about every night since the beginning of December has been filled up! Avila and Clare took to each other like 2 peas in a pod and they had some great girlfriend-bonding time.

And last night Michael and I enjoyed our first date night in months. I had a 2 1/2 year old gift certificate to Asado that we finally used and then it was off to PNB's Nutcraker in Seattle. (Going to the Nutcrakcer was Michael's Christmas present to me.) I had been looking forward to this for a couple months and I was really excited to show Michael what had been a part of my life up until I met him (dance). We had a great time, and Avila had an even better time with my sister Ashley! They must've played hard because she slept 14 hours last night.

Here are some pictures from our week:


it may be raining, but at least I have my graham crackers!








Clare and Avila



best buddies



At the Nutcracker...thank you, Michael, for a great night






No comments: