If I were to give 2010 a word (well, knowing me it's more than just one) it would be patience and prayer.
My desire is:
- for more patience with God - allowing myself to trust in His Providence rather than my own capabilities.
- for more patience with my husband - that I will be slower and quieter to speak and quicker to serve him
- for more patience with Avila - not freaking out when toddlerland proves things don't always go as planned
- for patience when the new baby arrives - that I will be able to put aside my need for order and enjoy these precious moments with my children
- to develop a consistent prayer life and to give God the first fruits of my day
I am grateful for the ways God has reminded me of these desires over the past few weeks. They have come in little and big ways and I'm hoping that after these 2 virtues become habit I can move on to conquering others.