April 29, 2010

a crazy 48 hours...

...but filled with lots of grace and lots and lots of strength.

The past 48 hours has been filled with the following: 2 nights of less than 4 hours sleep, 3 doctor's appointments (2 for Max and 1 for Avila), finding out Avila has croup and needing 2 nebulizer treatments at the doctors and steroids at home (which subsequently makes her throw up), a boy with whom broccoli does not sit well (hence one of the sleepless nights), Max's circumcision, and an emotional toddler who has decided she doesn't like me carrying her brother around all day and that she wants to be the one being held.

But despite all that has manifested over the past few days, God has given me lots of strength to take things one at a time. I'm not perfect and have definitely not been patient some (OK, most) of the time, but I know that in the grand scheme of things we are still pretty blessed. I receive daily bible verses via text message every morning and here are some of the verses I have gotten. They are quite fitting and remind me that God doesn't give us anything we can't handle...

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him. Nahum 1:7

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Who so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God. Psalm 42:5-6a

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

1 comment:

noreen said...

Oh, Kristine! You have such amazing perspective. It's such a hard time but you clearly have such grace in the midst of it. It will get better from here. But, three months in, the toddler will still want a turn in your arms, especially at the most inopportune moments. Keep the faith!