August 5, 2010

this just melts my heart...

Yesterday, I was sitting on our bed and Avila wanted up. She couldn't quite make it on her own so she asked for my help. After I pulled her next to me she said,

"Thanks, mama. I appreciate it!"

I then asked her where she learned about appreciation, since I've never used that word with her before. Her response,

"My Bible show!"

Sure enough, the Bible show she watched yesterday was all about telling people thank you for the things they do: teachers, parents, the bus driver. And she got the message! Love it......

3 comments:

Little Blogger said...

I would love to know what "Bible Shows" that you play for Avila. I find it difficult to find good age appropriate Christian shows. Avila is so funny and I love reading your blog! I wish I could meet her (and Max).
Bev Williams

Michael and Kristine said...

It is a series called "Cherub Wings." At first I though they were really cheezy (like animated Christian teletubbies or something!) but in all actuality, they are great. There are 15 different DVDs, all about a half hour each, all on different topics.

Little Blogger said...

Thank you!! I'm going to search for them right now...yeah!