March 3, 2011

the joy of children...



This scene played out tonight, as Avila was getting ready for bed...

The kids were in light blue, somewhat matching pajamas, sitting next to each other on Avila's bedroom floor. I was getting books out to read when I looked over to see them hugging each other. Avila then told her brother,

"Oh, Max! I love you little buddy! You are my best friend! You are my best bud."

All throughout story time they were laughing and kissing each other (completely ignoring me, of course). And then they snuggled up together in Avila's bed while I told Goldilocks (for the millionth time). We said our prayers, tucked Avila in, and Max and I closed the door. He started to get really sad and reached for his sister's door, wanting to go see her once more...

I know our kids won't always like each other or they might not always get along, but moments like these fill my soul and leave me longing for tomorrow when I can see and hold these precious blessings once again.

1 comment:

The Herring family said...

LOVE it! James tucks himself in to Clare's bed too like he's hoping that I'll forget him in there with her one of these nights. :) Super sweet.