February 7, 2012

a 9 month pregnant lady's daybook

Outside my window...
beautiful, glorious sunshine.

I am thankful for...
a husband who understands what it means to be a team. I am thankful that I haven't killed our fish (so far). I am thankful for nothing extra on our schedule. I am thankful for the amazing grace that comes from accepting and offering up sufferings.

I am thinking about...
this baby. And the fact that, no matter how much I try to put everything together, I have control over very little. I must work and prepare like it's up to me and then play like it's up to God, because, well, it is!

From the kitchen...
a list of meals that will be easy to put together once baby comes. I will rotate the menu for the next couple of months. Lots of homemade yogurt stockpiled (minus a few that Max was able to dump out when he tipped over the cooler...darned those muscles of his) and lots of yummy gluten-free homemade bread frozen. I must say that the husband likes this stuff. And good thing, because I'm starting to phase out wheat as much as I can from the rest of the family.

Learning all the time...
school has been kept pretty basic, but Avila is still doing so great. We're working on addition/subtraction and keeping up with our reading. Science/social studies is kept in real life context (meaning when we're outside or out and about, which is a lot because bike riding in this sunny weather is quite often) and Catechism is still up and running. Avila has also taken the role of teacher, herself, as she is trying to teach Max the alphabet. She likes to teach, he likes to copy. It's a win-win. Oh, and I forgot: I need recommendations on good foreign language programs if you've got 'em. I'm even thinking of having someone come and teach Avila and I if that works better. But the reason behind it is because I am so annoyed with her walking around pretending to talk in Spanish or French all. the. time. (Thanks to Dora and Madeline)

I am creating...
a baby. And a big one at that. No, seriously. I've only gained 18lbs thus far this pregnancy but the doc thinks baby will still rival his or her siblings. I'm just hunkering down for another longer-ish labor.

I am working on...
keeping up on laundry and dishes. I do a load a day, wash and fold no matter what, and I wash the dishes after every meal. It sounds so easy, and funny thing is that it is! I don't know why I always put this stuff off because the end result is so much less stress.

I am hoping...
that everything will work out with the timing of labor. I hate inconveniencing people and we have lots of schedules to contend with! And not-so-secretly, I am hoping that he or she will come Saturday, the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes. Ask and you shall receive, right?

I am going...
to watch my little girl's ballet class! Parents aren't allowed to stay and watch usually but this is parent-observation week. I am soooo excited. I even get to bring my camera!

I am reading...
does Pinterest count as reading?

I am praying for...
a safe and holy delivery. I started the Novena to Our Lady of Lourdes last Friday and it is comforting to know that we are in the Blessed Mother's hands. And what wonderful hands to be in...

I am hearing...
We Are the World a ba-gillion times. Michael likes to play it over and over for the kids and Avila walks around the house, with her pretend headphones, singing it over and over. Someone, please, make it stop.

Around the house...
new toys out for the kids. At the beginning of the month I exchange everything out and, from the looks and sounds of it, you would think it was better than Christmas morning. I had all the kitchen-set food put away for a while and just now took it back out. They were so excited that they refused to eat breakfast the next morning and, instead, set up a pretend breakfast at their table. Around 10am I made them eat something. I also made sure that the toys out are the easiest things for the kids to pick up on their own, because lots of random toys sprawled and a tired, nursing mama don't go well together.

One of my favorite things...
Max saying "no." Actually, Max talking in general. After he got his recent haircut he decided to grow up and be a boy. Sometimes it's trouble (translated: cooler and yogurt) but mostly it is so much fun.

A few plans for the week...
-another chiropractor appt (because it totally helped in turning this posterior baby and getting him off my spine)
-Catechism
-ballet
-lots of walking (no more weight class....trying to keep things nice and loose)
-and a baby on Saturday =)

A picture I am sharing...
I don’t know why I ever take a maternity picture past 7 or 8 months. It’s not the vanity part I care about – it’s that I look so much bigger than I feel and I don’t want a picture like this to scare me off from having more kids! It’s always weird being 4 months pregnant and looking at what’s to come, what the body is going to go through, over the next few months. But, anyway, there’s a baby in there! A baby I get to meet soon!



1 comment:

Jenny said...

but you look amazing! 9 months preggers for sure, but amazing!