March 20, 2012

a babymoon daybook

Outside my window...
rain and wind. Which is OK because we are still hibernating :)


I am thankful for...
everything. I have embraced everything good, bad, and ugly (meaning poop, thrush, lack of sleep), that has come with this new baby - not because it's been easy (because it hasn't) but rather because I have so much to be grateful for. I refuse to look at what could be "better" and, instead, I focus on all the little and big blessings before me. Gratefulness is the secret to happiness, I am sure of it.


I am thinking about...
one day at a time. I don't think about tomorrow or tonight or how I will get through next week. I am living in the moment and, when you combine it with being grateful, I am so full of peace.


From the kitchen...
still munching on food from grandma mauss and all the yummy dinners people have brought for us. I have also cut out all (OK, most...) sugar and dairy to aid in getting rid of the thrush (a yeast infection from all the antibiotics I was on) that has plagued poor little Levi. Combine that with not eating gluten and my meals have become quite boring.....


Learning all the time...
Still keeping up on school with Avila, including finding a home for the dozens of little drawings she makes every single day. We are also working on addition and some fun addition workbooks I found in the dollar section at Target. Max has learned to be gentle with Levi and he is so in love with his little brother.


I am creating...
lots of milk and a big, chunky baby. Actually, I have waay too much milk and poor little Levi can't keep up (hence the crying fits every time he starts to nurse). He went from a birth weight of 8lb 6oz to a weight of 11lb 4oz in three weeks. Newborn clothes have been packed away and he is becoming the cutest little boy - a good mix between brother and sister. Blonde hair, blue eyes, chipmunk cheeks, snugly skin, chunky shoulders, and precious precious little baby feet.


I am working on...
resting every afternoon. I am super productive in the morning - when the kids are playing and Levi is taking a nap - but I have to remind myself to sit down and chill out come afternoon time. Gotta save my energy for my nighttime dates with Levi.


I am hoping...
that Levi's longer stretches of sleep at night will continue. He has been doing a few 3-4 hour stretches at the beginning of the night and is starting to lengthen the last half slowly, but surely. A welcome relief for sure, as he hadn't slept more than an hour at night without waking up prior to this. I'm not worrying too much about it because God has been so good in giving me just the right amount of energy for each day. Or, it could just be the coffee...


I am going...
nowhere! Still keeping Levi at home, away from sickly germs. Daddy has been doing the grocery shopping (oh, how I miss Costco) and grandma has been a huge help with picking up Avila from catechism. I have, however, gotten out on my own a few times for a few Theology of the Body talks and some solo mama-time.


I am reading...
lots of info on the Paleo diet - mostly to gather recipes to meet the requirements I have for our food: nothing "unreal," inexpensive, gluten-free, easy to make. A fabulous cookbook that I recommend to anyone is : Everyday Paleo.


I am praying for...
all of your intentions. When things get tough with a new baby or when I'm up at night I offer these things up for people who've given me prayer intentions. This makes the hard times actually times of joy because my "suffering" then becomes worth it. It you have anything that you need prayer for, just leave a comment (even if it's just your name!) and I will make sure to include your intentions on my list!


I am hearing...
the TV on all day long. And I hate watching TV during the day. Between feedings and keeping it on for white noise for Levi, I have had my fill of daytime talk shows.


Around the house...
simplicity. We wake up, eat, play, eat, rest, play, eat, and go to bed. Throw some laundry and a few chores in the mix and you have the makings of some relaxing days at home - just how I like it.


One of my favorite things...
kissing Levi's cheeks. And his baby noises. And how he stretches when he is released from the 12-hour swaddle at night. One of my not-so-favorite things: that my mom got his first smile. Not fair. ;)


A few plans for the week...
daddy's birthday tomorrow! Ballet for sister. Speaking at the Rally for Religious Freedom. A run on Saturday (I am DYING to get out - it'll be my first since baby...). And a TOB talk on Sunday.


A picture I am sharing...


I call this picture "laid back." Notice the copious amount of poop in the diaper. Actually, ignore that part and just focus on his snuggly cheeks.

1 comment:

BRIDGET said...

Please pray for Ezra as he begins a new phase of his life at Job Corps...