April 23, 2012

a "2 months old" daybook

Levi turned 2 months old yesterday! Wow, has it flown by...

Size of baby...
as of a week ago, 14 1/2 pounds. 






Sleeping habits...
napping in the swing with the most awesome iPad white noise app in the background. naps are anywhere from 20 min to 3 hours and mommy is proud of herself for teaching Levi to sleep anywhere except for on her all day =) nighttime is variable - sometimes waking every 2 hours, sometimes waking only once. Still working on getting over the gagging that comes from his reflux. But this thing is the best baby sleeper ever. I highly recommend it.

Eating habits...
no crying!!!!! he can eat every hour or every five hours if he wants, but as long as he is happy doing so, mommy is happy, too. I do have to make sure that he eats enough during the day because he has a tendency of loving the binky more than me and making up for it at night...




Levi's favorite thing...
being talked to.

Levi's least favorite thing...
being awake when he wants to be sleeping.

Personality traits...
finally, a happy baby! he is going to be a charmer like his brother. watch out, he likes to flirt.

How mommy and daddy are doing...
still in our groove. Michael is fabulous at taking care of Avila and Max while mommy deals with baby. They have grown so close to their daddy during this newborn time.

How sister and brother are doing...
Avila is my big helper, and is finally including Levi in her prayers at night. Max still calls Levi "Ellie." They both cannot wait until he is big enough to play.

Outside my window...
sun! and all of my empty flower pots beckoning me to fill them with pretty goodness.

I am thankful for...
being able to get outside this weekend. I was starting to feel couped up and isolated - not good for a mommy with a newborn. We spent Sunday at the waterfront, just a mile from our house, and playing outside. I'm also thankful that my grandma got to visit for the day!!! We spent our time relaxing, chatting, and hanging out outside.















I am thinking about...
how much fun it's going to be when Levi gets big enough to play with Avila and Max. More laughter and joy (and hitting and fighting) filling our house? I'll take it.

From the kitchen...
I just went dairy-free a couple weeks ago to see if it helps with Levi's reflux, after reading that over 50% of babies do better when mommy is on a dairy-free diet. We'll see if it helps. In the meantime I really really really miss chocolate. Eggs and carrot sticks just aren't cutting it. 

Learning all the time...
Grandma Mauss took Avila and Max to the Gig Harbor Museum and Avila is still talking about "Galloping Girdie" - the first Tacoma Narrows Bridge that fell into the water. Here is her rendition...




I am hoping...
for a good bank up of sleep. I don't realize how tired I am until I try to have a normal conversation with someone. The words just don't come as quick as they used to.

I am praying for...
that this summer will be a time of making good memories with the kids. This sun gets us all excited! My prayers are that mommy isn't stuck inside with a newborn and that we will have some good family time together before the summer flies by.

I am hearing...
the CD "Catholic Songs for Children." It's like the Baltimore Catechism put to words. Cheesy and effective. The Morning Offering, 10 Commandments, The Apostle's Creed all put to words. I think Avila now knows more about being Catholic then I do.

Around the house...
two words: lumber package. Michael and my dad decided to build another deck last weekend (for the kids' playhouse and sandbox) and extend the current one we have. Pictures to come.

One of my favorite things...
Levi when he is awake and smiling and cooing. After going through our rough patch together we have seriously bonded. I feel like we've been through thick and thin together (which we have) and now we are best buds. 




A few plans for the week...
finishing our deck, Catechism class, ballet, portioning out 40lbs. of chicken, and doing some more landscaping this weekend. We are planning on putting a few more trees in the front yard.

A picture to share...






No comments: