June 24, 2012

4 months old!

Size of baby...
18 lbs. Size 9 month clothes. Thighs as big as your head.



Eating habits...
Levi is the fastest and most efficient nurser known to baby-hood. However, because of his reflux, I think it's just him being skeptical of the whole nursing thing in general. He will only eat in his room, in his rocking chair. If it comes too fast or too slow or there's too much or not enough or if it's the third Tuesday of the month he gets mad. I have learned tricks like holding his hand or making him laugh before he thinks to cry about it to make it easier. Poor buddy can't catch a break in this department. But, he is slowly coming around and he is obviously growing like a weed given the miles of rolls on his tummy and the cellulite on his feet. We also started cereal because I was getting tired of him begging for my food every night at dinner. 





Sleeping habits...
Begs for bed at 6:30pm and is up by 7:00am. Still nurses twice a night (but whatever, I've learned to deal...).  We finally had to take the binky away at sleep-times after a week of going to put it back in every hour and sometimes even every 20 minutes. I finally said enough, and ripped the band-aid off. Anticipating a big protest, he surprised us all by only fussing a few minutes and dropping off right to sleep. A few days ago we moved him from his swing to his crib for naps and same thing: an easy adjustment. I contribute it to the fact that this time around I actually had a sleep plan and worked with him from day one to learn good sleep habits. As a result he is a rockin' napper and it literally takes me 5 minutes to put him down for naps and 10 minutes to put him to bed at night. Fan, diaper, jammies, a little nursin', laid down with lovey and a big kiss goodnight! Insert sigh of freedom here...


Levi's favorite thing...
Anything to do with singing and bouncing.


Levi's least favorite thing...
Being awake one second longer than an hour and fifteen minutes. No, seriously. I will hear him start to fuss and then look at the clock and, almost to the minute, he will be ready for a nap. It doesn't make him super portable but I will take the sleep!


Places traveled...
Spokane! We went to visit friends and he did really crappy. But, that's OK, because mommy and daddy and Avila and Max had fun and Levi quickly recovered afterwards. I didn't have any expectations for him to do well, either, which totally helped me stay laid back.


New things learned...
This was a big month! Rolling over, sitting up (for a brief moment), sucking his fingers, finding his feet (my favorite), and scolding (my other favorite).



Sickness endured...
Had to up his reflux meds twice (he is really weight sensitive). Started teething, had his first cold.







How brother and sister are doing...
I think Avila and Max missed Levi more than me while they were gone. They love sitting by him and eating by him and Max tries to show him what it means to have a brother by bouncing him way too hard. Avila is super happy it doesn't take me an hour to put Levi to bed anymore because now we can have our time together at night again. She loves to cuddle with me before she goes to sleep and "talk about our day." Because that's what girls do...we talk. 






How mommy and daddy are doing...
Michael is counting down the months until Levi can join him on the football field (we figured it out - Max will be a Linebacker and Levi, a lineman). And I am embracing all that is imperfect with babies. I still don't let myself focus on what could be better and I surely don't get annoyed with half as much as I did with the other two. 


 And some more 4-month-old baby goodness...












No comments: