August 4, 2012

6 years



Today, Michael and I celebrate our 6 year anniversary. The picture above is from our date night last night (thanks, sister, for having a movie night with the kids so we could celebrate!) and we spent today lounging in the backyard, soaking up the sun, watching the kids have too much fun playing, and we topped the night off with Mass and steak (and the husband must be exhausted from all the fun because he is napping...at 7pm). The awesome thing about Mass tonight was that it started at the exact same time our wedding Mass started, 5 o'clock. Plus there was a Baptism tonight and the moment we were recalling our own Baptism vows during the creed (and responding "I do") was the same moment that, in our wedding, we said our own vows to one another. God is so good.

You know when you love something or someone so much you want to shout it from the rooftop? Well, this is me shouting:

I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL!

And I want the whole world to know it...

You are a humble servant and an incredible dad. You are my rock and my best friend. I can tell you anything, including my worries and fears, and I know that you won’t judge me or think less of me. I can be real with you. I can be vulnerable. I can open myself up like I can’t with anyone else. Thank you for letting me feel safe with you.

Now that we have been married this long, you are a piece of my soul. When we are apart – even for only a short while – I feel like a part of me is missing. I want to share everything with you. I want you to be a part of my goals, my dreams, my sadness, my hopes, my memories because you are the one, the only one, I want to share it all with.

I could go on and on, but always know this: I am yours. Everything and all of me is yours completely and truly. I will be yours until the day I take my last breath. Thank you for loving me so much. And thank you for these 6 beautiful years. Our future years together will be marked by happiness, pain, love, and loss, I’m sure, but with you at my side, we will march triumphantly through it all.  I love you.

Love, your wife.




No comments: