August 23, 2012

a taste of his own medicine...

Remember this post about Avila getting everything taken away from her room when she refused to go to sleep (including her blankets and pillow)? Well, Max just got his own little lesson.

I went downstairs to find Max crying on top of the kitchen set. He climbed up (a big no no) and couldn't get down.




BUT, instead of getting mad at him for climbing up there, I told him that I wasn't going to help him down and he had to figure a way out himself. Then, I left the room (and went to get my camera, duh). 




When I returned I found a very repentant little boy. After helping him down he gave me the biggest hug and promised to never climb on the kitchen again...Sometimes a good freak out is the best lesson of all.






What was the craziest thing you did to teach your child a lesson? 


No comments: