August 9, 2012

August Daybook

Outside my window...
clouds. And the only reason I am happy for them is because I have a long run scheduled for this afternoon and I hate running in the heat.

I am thankful for...
last night's snuggle with Levi. Before bed, he buried his head into my shoulder and fell asleep while smiling and laughing and while I was nibbling on his cheeks. After dealing with two teething boys all day, this was a much needed gift.

I am thinking about...
how blessed and slow this summer has been and how crazy and busy this fall is going to get.

From the kitchen...
I kinda went nuts this week: roasted chickpeas (our new favorite snack). roasted garlic (stay away from me because I'm eating it like candy.) peanut butter cookies. luna bars.  breakfast cookies (except this time I added cocoa powder and peanut butter. yum.) 15 lbs. of frozen grapes (on super sale at Safeway)

We are learning...
we're gearing up to start school the week after Labor Day - Kindergarten for Avila and Tot-School for Max. I have our school areas all set-up and schedules all mapped out and what's left is to goal set, break up our curriculum into weekly chunks, and finalize my record keeping for the year.

I am reading...
Just finished Karen Kingsbury's latest novel, Coming Home, in two days and am looking for a new read. I'd love some suggestions!

I am hoping...
that I can hold it all together once school and football and piano and ballet and Catechism start. We are gonna be busy, people.

I am praying for...
Grace. Kindness. Patience. I don't do well with being overwhelmed, and I won't let myself get overwhelmed come September and everything kicks into full gear. That's why I'm starting to pray for these virtues now...gotta bank it up!

I am hearing...
Avila playing "March for Life." Michael and I are on the board that helps put together the annual gathering at the capitol to rally against Roe V. Wade and the kids come every year, as well. Avila is standing on her make-shift podium talking to her pretend crowd and she is super animated, saying, "Pray for the babies! Know that God loves you!" I love our little protester in action.

I am working on...
going to bed early. I am waaay too busy to waste two hours in front of the TV at night (except during the Olympics). Plus now that we got rid of cable, I have nothing to watch - which is probably a good thing. (Because The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is probably how I should not be spending my time...)

Around the house...
someone please stop me because, between wallpaper swatches and spray paint (and the fact that I went on Pinterest yesterday), I'm getting the urge to redecorate...

Towards fitness and health...
Well, I wasn't going to run any races this fall (did you see how much we have going on...?) but then my friend mentioned that they have a group to run a "girls only" half-marathon in September and before I could say no, she said they were wearing purple sparkly running skirts. And now I'm all but signed up. But don't tell my legs I'm officially training because I'm trying to trick them into thinking all these runs are "just for fun." At least there's a 10K to fall back on in case I wimp out.

On faith...
Making myself pray the moment I wake up, whether I've had my coffee or not.

A few plans for the weekend...
Visiting the grandparents.

One of my favorite things...
Max's new words. Like "cute" and "why?" Last weekend there was a Baptism during Mass and according to Max, "baby. church. cute."

A picture to share...



another round of the marshmallow gun. I'm such a bad mom.


No comments: