September 23, 2012

7 months old!

(technically, yesterday, but I was busy running around town putting together an outfit for this morning's race...that and playing with my kids)

Size...
22lbs. Growing slow in weight but starting to put on the height.



Eating habits...
Loves my broccoli/carrot/spinach puree and luuuvs avocado. We're also trying finger foods (although the rice chex didn't turn out too well...). He will only nurse before naps/bed now and not any time before. My baby is growing up. =0




Sleeping habits...
2-3 naps depending on when he wakes up. And we've been experimenting a little with getting out during nap time (just delaying it an hour or so) and he's been a champ.


Favorite things...
Slow dancing with mom. Seeing daddy when he gets home.





Least favorite thing...
When I go to get him up from a nap, turn on the light, but then leave the room (to perhaps get something or tend to the other kids). He screams bloody murder. He also hates being sick.



New discoveries...
Finally sitting up on his own without any pillows. This is my favorite stage: plop 'em down with a toy and they can't go anywhere!! He has also taken to rolling all around the playroom floor.




Places traveled...
2 half-marathons to cheer mama on. And man was his face exactly what I needed to see on the race-courses. He also got to watch sister during her first ballet lesson of the year.


The crappy stuff...
His first real big-kid cold. Snot. Coughing. Lack of sleep. I have concluded that boys handle being sick waaay worse than girls do.







How brother and sister are doing...
Avila can make him laugh like no one else can. They love that he can sit and play with them. But I did catch Max pouring dirt on his head, almost (intentionally) hitting him with a broom, and trying to step on him - again.






How mom and dad are doing...
Michael loves coming home and seeing him light up and laugh at his presence. And I really really really don't want Levi to grow up any more. He's done getting bigger, if it were up to me. He is so precious and snuggly and despite his baby dependency, I wouldn't trade him for the world. When I pick him up he puts his cheeks on my mouth because he knows they'll get nibbled on.

Yes, those cheeks.







No comments: