September 21, 2012

A Fall Daybook...

Outside my window...
clouds. They give us an excuse to hibernate and watch TV all day. And with the kids being sick and all, this is exactly what we're doing.

I am thankful for...
the grace God gives me even though I don't deserve it.

I am thinking about...
how I want to run the race this weekend. Start out fast and tailor back if need be? Or start out slower and push it if I feel good enough? I have a friend pacing the 2:00 hour slot and another pacing the 1:50 slot and I need to choose which one to ditch run with.

From the kitchen...
Lots of garlic. I ate three cloves yesterday to ward off the sickness from the kids and I must say it's working. I was feeling horrible last night and woke up feeling brand new again. And with all the benefits garlic has to offer, I'm thinking this will become a daily regimen for us all. I'm just trying to find a way to disguise it for the kids. This morning Avila and Max each ate a crushed clove in some honey chased by a few Skittles. Hmmm...any ideas?

We are learning...
all about our family (we made an awesome family tree), our community, and the season of Autumn. Avila is rockin' her math and handwriting curriculum and we have a huge reading party planned for when she makes it through her reading book. We were able to shuffle our schedule around to accommodate the sickies but still get everything in. Phew.





I am reading...
Loving by Karen Kingsbury. Love this author, only kind of like this series. However, she's a fabulous Christian fiction writer and some of the only fiction I like to read. You should check her books out.

I am hoping...
that we will be well again soon and that my washing machine won't have to run 5 times a day.

I am praying for...
our families and all their intentions.

I am hearing...
coughs. sniffles. whining. And Max reading Corduroy to his dog and using his Crucifix as a phone.

Towards fitness and health...
After this weekend's race I'm taking next week easy and getting the massage I bought off Groupon. It couldn't come at a better time.

I am working on...
taking things one step at a time - not getting overwhelmed. It's been one of those weeks where I feel barely above water. But I know God's grace will carry me through.

Around the house...
so many drawings and coloring pages that I'm kind of going nuts with all the paper laying around.

A few plans for the weekend...
buttoning up the house for winter. Mass on Saturday night. Race Sunday. And a nap.
(Please, Lord, a nap.)

One of my favorite things...
When Michael comes home from work or football. Not because I'm so worn out but rather because I love him so much and crazy miss him during the day. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

A picture to share...
Our tiny dancer starting her second year of ballet.







Any prayer intentions y'all have? 
I'd love to offer up a load of laundry for you.



2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE your blog?!?! :) Always gives me stuff to think about (and know I am not alone in this craziness of mommy life.) And seriously - will your kids sit and watch TV all day? It is always an epic fail when I try that! :) You can pray for our house to sell...please, please Lord! :) Thanks! :) Praying for you all too!

Michael and Kristine said...

aw, thanks :) They actually would watch TV all day if I let them - maybe not all day (they'd get bored) but either way that probably says something bad about my mothering! And I will offer up tomorrow's laundry for you!