October 24, 2012

An October Daybook...

Outside my window...
right now, rain. But seriously the most amazing fall (running) weather.

I'm thankful for...
my incredibly supportive, adorable, always-knows-the-right-thing-to-say when I need it, husband.

I'm thinking about...
the fact that I posted 16 times in September and just TWICE in October. I love blogging but it's had to take a back seat to the craziness that is daily life.




From the kitchen...
lots of squash. I ate an entire butternut squash in two days. By myself. And it was amazing.

We are learning...
about place value, Autumn, and the keys C, D, and E on the piano.






I am reading...
In Style Magazine and a book on Marian Consecration. Gotta stay well rounded.

I am praying for...
funny thing, no one in particular (well, of course the usuals: family, friends, those in need). But what I mean is that I'm offering prayers and letting the Holy Spirit decide whom they should go to. Because He knows better than I do who needs 'em.

I am hearing...
Levi crying. We had this beautiful moment tonight when I laid him in his crib: he held my hand while I rubbed his head and we were smiling and laughing and he was just about off into dreamland. Then I left him with his snuggie blanket to fall asleep and he really didn't like that all too much. I guess if someone was rubbing my head and then left I would cry, too.

I am hoping...
that Levi stops crying soon...

Around the house...
pieces of a chewed up paper towel roll. Apparently Levi needed some dessert after dinner.

I am working on...
doing one thing at a time. Multi-tasking sometimes stresses me out because, even though it seems like I'm getting more done, I never feel finished. So if it takes me super long to get back to you it just means that I'm tending to paper cuts or reading lessons or enjoying a meal without doing 50 other things. Insert exhale here.

Towards fitness and health...
I may or may not be training for one (two?) marathon(s) in December.

A few plans for the weekend...
A family Halloween 5K on Saturday. (And I'm super stoked about my costume. It's been in my head for 10 years and I'm finally doing it.) A hair appointment (to fix the out of a box hair color disaster that happened to me weeks ago...) Saturday date night eating popcorn and complaining that it's "too late" to watch a movie. And then 18 miles on Sunday, after church.

One of my favorite things...
the feeling I get after completing our school lessons for the day. No matter how busy or chaotic life has been lately, one of the things that brings me the most joy is seeing Avila and Max blossom under this banner of school and life. Heart = full.



A picture to share...
(OK, two)











What are you up to this weekend? Are you excited to see my crazy cool costume?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm totally excited about your costume! Can't wait to see it. How did the Ft. Steilacoom run go?

If you need someone to run with while training let me know. Although I'm not up to 18 miles, I'm happy to jump in 1/2 way maybe the 2nd half when you may be closer to my pace. :) It is great running weather isn't it?!