November 28, 2012

End of November Daybook

Outside my window...
Rain.

I am thankful for...
Hawaiian music and tropical smoothies. They make a dreary NW day all the more bearable.

I am thinking about...
How much more busy my life is going to get now that Levi is mobile. He really wasn't that much more work - until he started to crawl. And within a span of three days he started crawling, pulling up, and climbing stairs. Lord, give me the grace. I think the phrase you hear most often coming from my mouth is: "Ugh, Levi."



From the kitchen...
The easiest and most addicting sweet potatoes. Bake a sweet potato and mash it up with cinnamon and stevia (or sugar). Throw a few marshmallows on top. Proceed to eat your weight's worth and then pass out from a sweet potato induced coma.

Kale chips. Baby like-y.


We are learning...
Well, apparently Avila is reading real books. We've been trotting along with our reading curriculum and BOB Books but Avila has been pulling other books off our shelves and reading them. We're also getting ready for Advent and I'm pulling together some fun, simple activities. Nothing too crazy - just enough to keep our hearts ready and focused. Math we are doing addition and I also just found out Avila can count to 100. It went something like this:

Her: Mom, want to hear me count to 100. 
Me: (thinking to myself: not really) Um, sure.
Her: 1, 2, 3...(insert me doing dishes and pretending to listen)...99, 100.
Max: More! More counting!


Leaf collecting. In our Pajamas.

I am reading...
Actually I'm trying to find a really good devotional for Advent. Any good ideas??

I am praying for...
Shelley, Jonathan, the Ski's and their new baby who is to come any day!!!

From Thanksgiving on the farm. Next year there will be another boy added to the mix!


I am hearing...
Levi banging on the cabinets. Fun times.

I am hoping...
That Bellarmine Prep pulls off a State Championship win this weekend! They're playing the many-a-time State Champions, Skyline. It should be a crazy awesome game.

At the game last weekend.


Around the house...
Going minimal. Getting rid of every. single. thing. that doesn't provide purpose, beauty or joy. I even found my dream home in a recent BHG magazine: all white with touches of french blue. Swoon.


Can going minimal also mean getting rid of all laundry???


I am working on...
Not getting super mad every time Levi wakes up at night. Sometimes it's twice. Sometimes it's THREE TIMES. My other two were sleeping until 5am at this point. I guess Levi just wants to make my peak marathon training (50 mile weeks) that much more hardcore.

Towards fitness and health...
Living for my long runs in the woods. Early Saturday morning (or early Sunday if we head to Sat. night Mass) I venture to the trails with some girlfriends and we bust it out. Last weekend it was an 18 miler but then I'm home by 11am and have the rest of the day to chill with the family.

Heading out for my 20 miler. 
Dear Nathan Hydration pack: I heart you.


A few plans for the weekend...
The last Football Unity Dinner of the season, a run Saturday morning, pulling out all the Christmas decorations to set up for Advent, the State Championship game, Mass, celebrating my sister's birthday in Seattle, and Michael shaving his mustache.

One of my favorite things...
Levi's eskimo kisses. He buries his nose into my face and snuggles his head under my chin.

A picture to share...

Off to Mass. 





2 comments:

Shannon said...

Man, the 'stache has got to go! I saw the picture and then read the weekend plans. I'm guessing you're pretty pumped about that one.

The Herring family said...

We consistently read St. Alphonsus de Liguori's "Incarnation, Birth, and Infancy of Jesus Christ" for Advent meditations. He has one for every day of Advent, as well as the octave of Christmas. It's pretty awesome.