February 21, 2013

A February Daybook

Outside my window...
Sun, sun, glorious sun! The most perfect weekend of sunshine and my trees are starting to bud!

I am thinking about...
The fact that my BABY will be ONE-YEAR-OLD on Friday. And that one-year-old boys like to play in toilets and squish food all over their clothes...

I am thankful for...
Lent. I needed a kick in the pants and just 6 days in I'm already feeling the fruits.

From the kitchen...
Lots of Thai food, apparently. The past week we've made spring rolls and Pad Thai like they're going out of style. Man, you can put anything into a spring roll and call it good. And Pad Thai? Levi's new favorite food. I won't confess that they're super easy. OK, I will. Easy schmeezy.

We are learning...
About Lent and the Human Body. They don't really go together but Avila has been begging to do science. Heck, she even made up her own science experiment because I was slacking and she was bored.

I am reading...
Just finished a Nicholas Sparks' book (easy read. I'm a sucker for his stuff) and now I'm looking for something good. Any suggestions?

I am praying for...
Lots of different things, really. But mostly for Michael (love you) and all his intentions.

I am hearing...
Levi making weird gasping noises. This kid doesn't shut up stop talking.

I am hoping...
That Levi starts sleeping though the night soon. He's still up TWICE (last night, three times). I must be the coolest person in the world to want to hang out with that much at night.

Around the house...
The "bag-a-day" challenge for Lent. Meaning: get rid of a bag of stuff a day (be it a garbage bag size or grocery bag size or donated or thrown away). OMgosh so freeing. My goal by the end of Lent is not to own one thing we don't use or love.

I am working on...
Loving people how they need to be loved and not how I think they need to be loved.

Towards fitness and health...
My IT band issues seemed to be cleared up and I'm building up my mileage for the Gorge 50K at the end of March.

A few plans for the weekend...
Watching Levi eat a giant cupcake, 15 miles (early) Saturday morning (like head-lamp early), Avila starts a trail running group for kids, and family time on Sunday.

One of my favorite things...
Dancing with the kids after dinner. When the food is done and dishes are cleared we put on a couple praise-and-worship songs and rock out.

A picture to share...


A stop at Crescent Lake during a trail run. Mmmmmm, peace.




No comments: