February 28, 2013

ONE Year Old!

What?! My baby, my sweet sweet baby is one. Some say that one-year-old is still a baby, but I'm not quite sure. I mean, he's big. He has an opinion. He's just about walking people. But I guess he still is the most snuggly, squishy thing in the whole wide world.

This special boy is a joy to all of us. But someone please give me a newborn to hold, stat! 'Cause with no infant in the house the baby itch is starting to turn up...uh oh...





Size...
About 75% percentile. STARTING TO LOSE THOSE BABY CHEEKS! Someone, help me.

Eating Habits...
Finally, finally eating food. Went on a solid food strike for almost 2 months - refusing anything other than Rice Chex and oatmeal. But now he'll eat just about anything. Favorite foods include Pad Thai, tortilla soup, and spaghetti. And he can pound a smoothie faster than I can chug a cup of coffee. That's fast. Nursing is on the out - down to one feeding in the day and one minute at night. Yup, that's all I give him. I time it and everything. Eh, he doesn't seem to mind and mama needs her sleep!

Sleeping Habits...
Don't get me started. Up until last week was waking two-three times a night. But I might have fixed it with the whole timed nursing thing.

Favorite thing...
"Walking" with Avila and Max, slow dancing after he wakes up, laughing, and CLIMBING STAIRS. All the time. And man is he quick.

Least favorite thing...
Being awake when he wants to sleep. (Insert blood curling screams here.) Being alone.

New discoveries...
He's cruising around and just about walking. He can play paddy-cake with his feet. He can dance and sing and play "so big" (my favorite). He loves to play ring around the rosy with his siblings.



Places traveled...
March for Life in Olympia. Hawaii.

At the March for Life.


The crappy stuff...
Still being up a lot at night. Even if I don't nurse him I just go in, lay him down and he'll go back to sleep. Why does he want to see me at night??????

How brother and sister are doing...
They love him tons. (Except when he's knocking down their forts.) They like that he can play with them now. And Avila, after she realized that Levi was just about done nursing, said to me: "You mean you can play with us now?"

How mom and dad are doing...
Levi is still somewhat in the baby stage so he's a bit harder for Michael to rough around with. But for me, I'm weirded out. Weirded out by the fact that this is the first season in our lives where we haven't either been pregnant or remodeling or in football season. Which means family time up the wazoo.



February 22nd - Happy Birthday baby!










And now I'm gearing up for our daughter to turn FIVE in just a couple days. 
Oh where oh where has the time gone?!



2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Happy Birthday Levi! Come travel out to Yellowstone to meet us! :) Since you all have extra time and stuff... ;) he he.

jen said...

Happy Birthday to Levi! What a handsome little guy he is. Totally get the baby itch thing. Sky is 21 months and I'm missing having a little baby like crazy! Enjoy the family time!