September 28, 2013

End of September Daybook

Outside my window...
a break in the rain, but not from the wind. Bracing myself for downpours come tomorrow's half marathon. 

I am thinking about...
A lot of crap  stuff. Some things serious, others not so much. Kind of one of those weeks where there are so many thoughts running around my brain that I don't know how to spit them out. I need to keep my computer attached to my hip (me writing on an iPad no worky) 'cause I seriously only know my thoughts unless I write them. Just ask my husband. Half the time I don't know what I'm thinking until I jot it down then we can finally have a conversation. That's also why I love these daybook things. I can spit out my brain with no cohesiveness whatsoever. And yes I did have to autocorrect cohesiveness. That's a toughy.





I am thankful for...
amazing friends. People who know how to reach out and wrap their arms around you even when you don't think you need it. And I am so thankful for Levi - because toddlers have a way of being so endearing and lovable and if I could have a million toddlers (especially their snuggles) I think I just would. 






From the kitchen...
experimenting with whatever I can that doesn't make me double over in pain. Ugh, this is getting old. 


This meal half wins. I should lose the hot sauce and salsa next time, though. But I'll keep the Jesus mug, thank you.

We are learning...
oh my word, is Avila rocking her school work. Half a chapter of place value done in a day. She's a sponge I tell you. Not bragging, I promise. I could only brag if I had something to do with it. I know I'm not going to get as lucky with the others, and that's OK. It's not about being the smartest in the world - but I will tell you there is something so awesome about working one on one with a child. If they are struggling with something particular or developing a bad habit you can nip it in the bud, right then and there. I think this is why our schoolwork takes such a small amount of time. It is phenomenal  what we can bust out in an hour - 6 subjects, not including silent reading/read aloud time. Boom.


I am reading...
Discernment of Spirits. Assigned reading from my spiritual director. That's a whole other can of worms......But a good can. There are good cans of worms, right?


I am praying for...
Points and thoughts (homework) from my spiritual director - well when I remember. Because there is someone (something) trying to keep me from praying about these things but what this enemy of God doesn't realize is that, while you can knock me down, you can never knock me out. 




I am hearing...
the kids watching a show that I used to watch when I was a kid, Dragon Tales. (And the theme song in running through my head). And I'm hearing my phone go off a million times from text messages from my running girlfriends (par for the course - not unusual to check my phone and find 67 TEXTS.....) and I'm hearing Mike talk about how awesome he is because he just came up and snuggled my neck while I was typing this. 


They also *love* watching Rick Steve's. And wearing clothes that glow in the dark.


I am hoping...
that I will not be lazy on this wide open Saturday afternoon and just get the damn darn laundry folded. I am so cozy in my FAVORITE IN THE WORLD Lulu pants and sweater and cozy socks and my plans are to catch up on Project Runway, fold laundry (cough cough) and eat a (GF vegan) cinnamon roll to carb up for tomorrow's half.


Around the house...
remnants of a house just about put together. A hammer laying around here, some nailhead trim that needs to go there and by golly I'm about d-o-n-e. 


Thank You Pinterest. Inspiration HERE.

I am working on...
finishing up our master bedroom. The nailhead trim mentioned above is for some IKEA tables turned freaking awesome (THANK YOU PINTEREST AGAIN) and I'm dreaming up what I need to do on this huge empty wall we have. I'm thinking art taller than me (which still isn't that tall). And because that would cost waaaaay too much (I'd rather buy more Lululemon pants) I just might make something. Abstract of course, because a stick figure would look ha-lairous. 


A few plans for the weekend...
hitting up the market for some fresh healing veggies for my tummy, Mass, pacing the 2 hour slot for a half marathon tomorrow, snuggling the rest of the day with my babies in front of a fire probably while yelling at Levi not to touch it.


And since my 50K is in a couple weeks I should probably bust out a long run so I might add a few miles over this bad boy bridge when I get home in the morning. Only if Levi doesn't attack me with baby kisses first.


One of my favorite things...
COFFEE. Enough said.


A picture to share...

That time of year to bust out the layers, vest, arm warmers,  visor. It took me longer to get dressed than it did to run 10 miles.









No comments: