October 11, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary



1. Quoteboard....

After Mass this morning:
Avila: (singing) A-le-lu-ia, A-le-lu-ia, A-le-lu-ia, A-le-lu-YEAH!


Levi, singing his "ABC's"
Me: Levi will you sing your ABC's again?
Levi: E-I-E-I-O

---


2. The neighbors down the street cut some trees down so now we kind of technically (or not technically) have a peek-a-boo view. And you can see it pretty good from Max's bedroom window. Maybe I'll trade him :)







---

3. Our school books for the year, at least so far. I'll post about our curriculum (PreK and 1st Grade) when I'm not doing dishes or cleaning up dried on crap off the floor or running kids to activities or teaching or running. I guess look for a post around June.





---

4. The kids are obsessed with hard boiled eggs. Mostly because they think they are eating chickens -  more specifically baby chicks. And whether they think it's real or not they totally get a kick out of it. They'll split their yolk into pieces and pretend that instead of one baby chick they're eating 3 or 4. "Here little chick, that's right, I'm going to eat you. Oh don't be scared just jump into my mouth...."


---


5. The feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary was this past week and we've tried to do a decade a day and then finished with this fun project: we colored the Rosary then put dried cranberries and M&Ms on each "bead." It's a project we've done before but it's always a hit. Except Max was mad his was taking so long and he couldn't them right away. Who wants to pray when you have M&Ms staring you in the face? I guess I don't blame him.




---


6. I was locked up yesterday by the cutest little policeman. My offense: not playing tea party.



---


7. I didn't play tea party but I did play the party games. Apparently you're supposed to fill in the missing numbers, blindfolded. I lost. But Avila cheated and, therefore, she won.











No comments: