November 12, 2013

A November Daybook

Outside my window...
SUN. The trees barely swaying the in wind. I think this weather will be beckoning the kids outside in just a bit.

I am thinking about...
oh, many things. Actually many many things. Most particularly about NEXT YEAR because c'mon people it's only 6 weeks away. Thinking about my goals and what God will have in store for us because if it's anything like this year we are in for a jolly old whirlwind of a ride! But that's why I like a life in God - you never have to limit yourself to your own plans because His are always so much bigger and better!

I am thankful for...
something new everyday. Following the thankfulness project on Facebook, posting something I'm thankful for each day. Being thankful is not the same as being braggy braggy - it calls us (me) out of ourselves (myself) and helps us focus on the freaking awesome blessings we have. If I can remain thankful then I won't remember the dumb gross stuff about life.

I am hoping...
that I can get some house pictures up on this blog before we move again.

I am hearing...
poor sick Max crying about something random (probably his magnet house falling down) and the whirl of the dryer. Which means in about 15 minutes I have laundry to fold. Yay me. (insert tongue sticking out) Wait, thankful. Yes, I'm thankful I have a washer and dryer to wash and dry my clothes and I'm thankful that Avila knows how to put them away.

I am praying for...
all those who have asked for special intentions, everyone affected by the storms in the Philippines, and that I can overcome the same stupid sins I fall into over and over and over again.

We are learning...
I can't keep up with that girl. She WIZZES through everything. Half a math chapter in 20 minutes. Addition and subtraction worksheets, 2 minutes. Grammar and reading lessons, 10 minutes. I plan on taking her deeper in some subjects and focusing some more time on science. We got this really cool Human Body kit from Costco and you can take all the body parts out and there are fun lessons to do. Avila and Max have been exploring it for a few days then we'll dive in. Max has started some reading lessons, but only because he wanted to.

I am reading...
ugh, nothing. I'm in need of a good book. Avila has been begging for a trip to the library so I think that may be in order, stat.

Around the house...
random Christmas presents stored in each closet. All done shopping but that means I have to keep the stuff around for a while. The kids each get 3 things so that wasn't hard and actually I snuck half of them in the cart at Costco while they weren't looking. Then I let Amazon take care of the rest. Probably the last/only year I can store Max's presents in his own room.

I am working on...
doing one thing at a time - not multi-tasking unless absolutely necessary. I just seriously can NOT do stress and for some reason doing more than one thing at a time stresses me out (unless it's watching Parenthood while on the treadmill because I so heart that show). Or singing while I change a diaper. I can do that.

From the kitchen...
Pad Thai last night and tonight this macaroni casserole thing I made up that Michael and the kids love. Mike doesn't want to know what's in it (so if you're reading now STOP) and the ingredients sounds weird but they all chow it down. Steam butternut squash and blend with salt, pepper, a bit of coconut milk (or water from steaming), and nutritional yeast (for a cheesy flavor). Then stir with pasta sauce. Layer rice noodles, sauteed spinach, cheese sauce, (and a couple times I have put in tofu without them knowing) a couple times and top with more nutritional yeast and some crumbled Rice Chex. Bake at 350 for about 25 min. Gobble Gobble.

On running...
My piriformis is super duper tight so I'm getting worked on for that which may mean the Quadzilla is out. I get to mile 6 and it tightens up so I can barely walk. NOT COOL.

A few plans for the week/end...
Michael's in practice for playoffs, catechism for Max, ballet for Avila, napping for Levi, run group, spiritual direction, sister time.

One of my favorite things...
Listening to Levi sing "You are my sunshine" along with me as I rock him to sleep.

A picture to share...
Max got ahold of my phone and left me these little gems...




















1 comment:

The Mallahan Family said...

Book suggestion: I just read the book Endurance by Alfred Lansing. It's not really the kind of thing I normally read - but it was amazing!! Check it out on amazon.