March 26, 2014

A pregnancy daybook

How far along...
25 weeks. Actually I had to install this baby app on my phone to remind me because half the time I forget I'm pregnant. Too busy running around chasing after (and kissing) a squirly toddler who likes to run away and hide in neighbor's yards.

Size of baby...
A pound and a half. Or if it's a Mauss baby: 32 lbs. I've only gained about 7 lbs so far and am shooting for a similar 18 or so that I gained with Levi.

Gender...
Unknown. But I'm betting on girl (probably just wishful thinking). Not that I'd be sad with a boy but I have too many flipping cute girl clothes just sitting in the attic begging to be used. I'm carrying more like a girl (aka: big booty) and my face has gone to crap so you know what they say: girls steal your beauty. Plus I take one of those gender predictor old wives tale quizzes like every other night and last time it said I had a 93% chance of girl. So you just wait, another blonde boy is probably on the way.

Movement...
All the freaking time. This is definitely the most active baby I've had thus far.

Sleep...
I can't get enough. 8 hours a night is my minimum. About once every couple weeks or so I'll get super hungry for a day, then super tired for a day (to the point I nap....nap!!), then the baby doesn't move a lot for a day. You know what that means? I can then expect the tummy to grow in size (thus forgoing my longings of cute pre-pregnancy jeans) because the baby is growing.

Cravings...
Not really anything. Although I could eat oranges and watermelon at just about every meal.

Symptoms...
Um, none. (Don't shoot me...) Sure I felt like walking death for the first 4 months but after that (and the occasional random bought of queasiness when I forget to take my iron pills) I have been feeling fabulous.

What I miss...
Said jeans, gin and tonics, and marathons.

On staying active...
I was able to keep up with my running mileage until about month 5 when the hills (and anything longer than 8 miles) got to me. I haven't given up running completely but I've just taken it to the dreadmill. That way I can pee every mile when the baby bounces on my bladder. And since Michael is super busy with work I've taken to rising at the crack of dawn (5:30 AM to be exact) to get my workouts in. M/W/F it's an hour on the treadmill. T/Th it's an hour of heavy weights/bosu stuff. Saturday is boot camp. Sunday is nap day. I honestly believe that by staying so active I've been able to not feel pregnant otherwise. 'Cause the good Lord knows how pregnant I feel while running....

What I'm reading...
Nothing baby related, that's fo sho.

Preparations underway...
Well, with the other three pregnancies we were remodeling an entire home. This time I am putting off painting a stupid dresser. Everything is pretty much done/ready/organized from just life. I feel like this little one is going to show up one day and I'll pull the cradle and swaddlers down from the attic and then I'll have four kids. I'll probably start freezing some meals or something (I say that every time and then I don't). One thing we are doing, however, is spending lots of good one-on-one time with the other kids. That way once baby comes they will have their love tanks full enough to be ignored for a little while.

How sister and brothers are doing...
They are so excited. Avila and Max both wanted brothers until I convinced them how much fun a dress up doll would be. Avila now wants a sister and Max still wants a brother. Max is excited to share his room with Levi and Avila is excited to baby-sit and be my helper. They've felt the baby move a couple times and I am so happy for them that they get to experience the blessed joy of another sibling. It'll be interesting as to how Levi does with a new baby. He'll probably get really jealous and then forget about it to play cars or trains or something.

What we are most excited about...
How our family dynamics will change adding another one to the mix. We're excited to find out about this little person and his or her personality. And we are excited for all the joy and craziness that comes with a house full of kids. It seriously never gets boring or dull and there is always someone to be the life of the party. And that someone is usually Levi.

What we are most nervous about...
For me I'm most nervous about the lack of sleep and finding time for my workouts/running. Sure it sounds vain but as long as I get my sleep and my workouts I can give 110% the rest of the time. Other than that, save for something major, I've kinda been through it all - postpartum depression, mastitis, reflux, colic, babies who don't sleep, babies who don't eat, you name it. This time around - even if I do go through all that again - I have perspective and a fully stocked wine cabinet to get me through.



A picture to share...
6 months. The only time I can get away with wearing horizontal stripes. Plus why did I buy this dress anyway? It's not like I can nurse in it....








 

1 comment:

Mary Beuschel said...

CONGRATULATIONS MAUSS FAMILY! You look wonderful Kristine! Um we totally need to meet up one of these days-I have been here a year and still haven't seen you or Jesse!
Love to you and congrats again!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin