April 3, 2014

7 Quick Takes - the longest day ever edition

1. I should be sleeping right now (even though it's only 9:30pm it feels like midnight thirty) but in keeping with the theme of the day, "just get one more thing done" I'm staring at a computer instead of my pillow. I guess the lesson learned is never stop a pregnant lady when she's on a roll. Call it nesting or mania but today my little rear end was on fire and I think I may have just conquered the world. Or at least the fridge. Today went something like this: up at 5:30am. Work out for an hour. Cuddle a crying teething toddler for 20 minutes. Kids up, breakfast, get ready, house picked up. Mass. Groceries for a freakishly empty fridge with a toddler and 6 year old singing at the top of their lungs (99 bottles of pop on the wall, no less. shoot me) and a 4 year old pushing a "little cart." Home for kids' chores, boys playing, and school. Deep cleaning of fridge and pantry while kids were playing/doing school. Lunch. More school. Big kids outside. Detail car, spin bike, and treadmill. Fire and movie on for kids (who were soaked from the rain) while prepping lots of food for the weekend. Made dinner. Cleaned kitchen. Daddy home. Wrestling and boxing with the kids. Want to sell Console a screaming toddler who wants to hide in the curtains instead of go to bed. Put said toddler to bed. Kiss big kids goodnight. Surf the TV but nothing is on because TV is crap. Wash face. Type blog.

---

2. Tomorrow I will be doing nothing. Except for get a massage. Don't be a hater. Just get pregnant and then you can have as many as you want if you just call your OB to write you a prescription. Boom.

---

3. Know the time when everyone older than you comments on "how fast time flies" but you just roll your eyes and say "yeah yeah whatever" but then you get old and time really does fly and you are sitting in April wondering where this time thing goes? OK, maybe just me then. It's both amazingly awesome and horribly scary how fast time passes by. Sure it makes all the hard stuff go by quicker, but it also makes one look at every precious moment and evaluate how these fleeting days should be spent. Needless to say mucho reflection and personal evaluation going on over in ma brain.

---

4. So, Levi is the first toddler I've really ever had to worry about. Avila had the maturity of a 50 year old when she was 2 and Max was so laid back and go with the flow he just did whatever. Or nothing. (or let his sister dress him up in pink dresses……….Michael would never let me take pictures) Well, Levi likes to run away. And hide. In neighbor's yards. More specifically in the tiny space between the shrub and the fence that no one can see. He is so stealth and quiet and can hold a hiding position for heaven only knows how long and I can never ket myself be persuaded by his twinkling blue eyes and charming smile to go outside with the big kids even though he "promises" (big quotation marks) to stay on the "dwiveway." I know your games little man. You may be a fast runner and I may be getting to be a slower crappy waddling runner but I will still always win.

---

5. Can I be done being pregnant now? I know I know, I so have nothing to complain about. It's just that I'm like a week away from the third trimester, and we all know what happens in the third trimester: major baby growing. Which means major belly growing. Which means major uncomfortableness coming my way. And then there's labor. Funny because just about everything else in life you can get out of except for having a baby come out once it's in. I'm just banking on the tale that subsequent labors get faster and not three weeks long full of back pain like baby #3. And, like clockwork, Braxton Hicks come my way every night between 4-5pm starting at 6 months along. If only contractions took the place of Ab work. Like, "I'll trade 2 minutes of planks for two minutes of contractions." Bartering at it's best. Or worst.

---

6. At some point I will post about Max's wardrobe choices. Because oh my dang I couldn't be more proud. Cut off surf shirts with distressed jeans and flips flops (or his Seahawks jersey) is what he chooses to wear just about everyday. Pair it with the blonde hair and you have the makings of one cute dude. Speaking of, I was wearing a gray (or is it grey???!!!!) tank top the other day and Max asked me, "Mom, why are you wearing a dude shirt?"

---

7. Boys off to a coffee date with mom while sister was at ballet. Blonde hair melt your heart overload. OK, maybe having another boy wouldn't be so bad……

















No comments: