May 10, 2014

A Pregnancy Daybook

How far along…
32 weeks. What the eff.

Size of baby…
About 17 inches. 4 lbs. The size of a large jicama. Note the adjective *large.* Nothing like visualizing that in your insides. Seeing online pictures of unborn babies at this stage is making all this getting realer by the minute. I mean, there's a BABY IN THERE.

Weight gain: 15 pounds. Although everything I read (or every text reminder I get about this baby) reminds me to hunker down and prepare to get biiiiig the next few weeks. Bring it on chubby baby.

Gender...
Still unknown. Although I almost had a weak moment and asked the doctor at my last appointment. Mike is totally convinced it's a boy. I'm convinced it's a girl. I'm thinking  friendly wager is in order.

Movement…
A pretty darn active baby - especially after I drink my morning protein smoothie and after I down a bottle of Kombucha. (And at 10:30pm at night. Every night.) Whatever this baby is (boy/girl) it sure does like VEGA and algae. Max put a car on my belly this afternoon and baby was moving quite a bit which knocked the car off. Insert hilariously laughing boy here. But overall this little one has been sleepy the past few days which is a nice reprieve from the elbows in the belly button.

This means baby is asleep:



This means baby is awake:




Sleep…
Crappy dappy. Insomnia sucks. (Especially the other night when Michael got home late, woke me up, and proceeded to snore all night to add to my misery.) I've added an extra pillow to the repertoire because it almost feels like I'm sleeping on my stomach (which is the first thing I will do after giving birth. Well, maybe the second. The first will be eat something big). My body clock has finally adjusted to 5:30am but I can't seem to fall asleep before 10:30 and 7 hours just doesn't cut it for me. Oh well, all that will be screwed up in 2 months anyway.

Cravings…
I could eat fruit all flipping day long. Seriously…oranges, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, raspberries, frozen bananas, frozen mangos...I'm also kind of hungry all. the. time. I'm getting tired of eating. All I did today was sit and eat.

Symptoms…
Um, the low iron I mentioned a bit ago. I've realized that only gets super worse the days baby is growing so I suck it up and deal. Just grumpy and moody. (But maybe that has to do with the boys trying to kill each other over cars and less about being pregnant. Although not being able to run a lot and clear my head isn't helping.) The reflux is starting to set in but if I sleep on my left side (with two big fluffy pillows) it doesn't bug me at all and raw apple cider vinegar shots (1 part ACV 2 parts water) are keeping it at bay.







What I miss…
Lately it's been, in no particular order: clothes other than sweats and a tank top; gin and tonics still (just keeping it honest folks); that long run I keep mentioning. Being non-hormonal. Not staining every shirt I own because apparently I'm a messy eater and everything lands on my stomach. Sleeping without having to wake up (to pee). But one thing I will miss when I'm not pregnant: falling asleep and waking up to little baby feet rolling around to kiss me hello.


On staying active…
Backed off the running a bit but replaced it with the bike and intervals. M/W/F is still an hour intervals on the bike (sometimes I mix in boxing circuits). I like to change it up so I do 10 minute intervals of different kinds of sprints/climbs. T/TH is hour of weights. Michael just picked up matching his and hers kettlebells (although he would probably kill me if I said it like that. Good thang he doesn't read the blog) so I've been incorporating those. Saturday is boot camp at Innovative Fitness and that will be coming up shortly on my five favorites. Except that will probably have a favorites post of it's own because it is kind of a freaking awesome place.

***Just don't watch Parenthood because you will cry the entire time. Stupid hormones.





What I'm reading…
Reading up on random hospital check lists and what I should pack.

Preparations underway…
I should probably get on that. I need to pull the baby clothes down and figure out what is gross/stained/still usable. I'm missing the infant insert to our bathtub so I might need a new one of those. Researching monitors because our other one broke like a year ago. Gotta write my birth plan although that'll be easy - just need to click print. Should probably figure out freezer meals or something. I feel like this baby is just going to sneak up on me. I randomly am "nesting" but that's more like coming out in tears over a random piece of clutter in the corner.

How sister and brothers are doing…
Max is starting to get impatient and wants baby to "pop out." Avila is excited about helping although she is getting quite bossy with the boys in assuming her new motherly role. Levi is extra snugglish because he probably realizes that he's getting kicked out of prime cute baby spot.







How mom and dad are doing…
Michael is really excited to meet the baby. And so am I. Michael is also excited to get closer to Levi because right now Levi only likes his mama to do certain things.....I'm really trying to enjoy as much as I can of this seemingly short-lived pregnancy because really you never know when "this baby" will be the "last baby." I will always be open to whatever plan God has for our family (because it's more exciting that way) but who knows what's in store!

Most excited for…
HOLDING THIS LITTLE ONE and FINDING OUT WHAT IT IS. I just so desperately want to kiss it's cheeks and snuggle it's tiny little body and escape from the world with our new little life.

Most nervous for…
How Levi is going to act with a new one around. Lack of sleep. Feeling gross because of said lack of sleep. But pink lipstick will take care of that, right?

A picture to share…
Am I high? Low? Happy and I know it and I really want to show it?






















No comments: