June 11, 2014

A June Daybook

Outside my window…
Still more sun. The forecast called for rain all week but so far not a drop. Blessings, blessings, blessings in the form of liquid sunshine for this 9 month pregnant lady.

I am thinking about…
the fact that we are going to have a baby in 3 weeks. I really haven't thought a lot about this pregnancy and another kid (well, I have but more of in like something that's just on our to do list) but now it's kind of becoming a reality. It's like I'm either in denial or just not freaked out but seriously I'm just going to go into labor one day and then before I know it I will be holding our new little life and then it will hit me, I think. In the meantime I'm enjoying every single day (it helps I actually don't feel pregnant this time around) and really not wishing for it to come sooner that it's supposed to.

I am hoping for…
crap, this whole post might be about baby (I'll try to throw something else in…maybe) but I'm hoping (and praying) for a smooth, healthy, holy delivery. Ya never know what you're gonna get in the labor department so I'm hunkering down and offering lots of prayers for this one's arrival. I'm also hoping that baby will wait until I get my hair done because I really don't feel like going into the sleepless newborn stage with these roots.

I am thankful for…
the slow, quiet days of summer that lie before us. And for using a newborn as an excuse to let the house go for a few months.

I am reading…
Letters from the Desert by Carlo Carretto.

I am praying for…
many people I know in transitions in life - that they will be comforted in the unknown and know that, even though the future seems uncertain, that they will be provided for.

We are learning…
wrapping up the school year, weird. I'm literally leaving one chapter/lesson in each subject (except math, gonna finish that baby up) mostly because I want to end school next week and not go right up to baby and because I want to remind myself that, in our homeschooling adventure, it's not about how much we get done but rather about the joy of learning and discovery along the way. Some of the best school moments come from our conversations after our read-alouds or by making creations with random stuff from around the house. These are things that can't be measured in a lesson book but carry with it more value than Grammar Lesson 35. Sure, formal curriculum is important, but the love of family, the love of discovery will carry them further than anything else.

From the kitchen…
homemade applesauce that none of the kids will eat.

I am working on…
growing a baby. And finding internal peace no matter what occurs in the storms around me.

I am struggling with…
keeping in touch with people. Just so hard when the only time I have to talk on the phone is like 5:30am.

Around the house…
found a place for the swing and the bouncer. On another note: LEGOS. Everywhere. But Legos kept all three kids occupied for 6 HOURS yesterday while I deep cleaned the baseboards and doors and walls (nesting) so I don't mind. They do mind, however, when I vacuum them up because they got lazy in cleaning them off the carpet.

Towards health…
I think I might do a separate post on my experiment from this past pregnancy. Because, as I mentioned before, I seriously don't feel pregnant. Which is a nice reprieve from the last go around when I cried everyday from 36-39 weeks when I had Levi. Hardly any discomfort, sleeping well, lots of energy. I was totally not expecting to feel like this the last few weeks but now I'm convinced that my experiment worked. More to come...

Clicking around…
trying to decided which color to get for baby's swaddler.

This fanny pack. I have actually longed for one since, well, I lost the last one I had, from college. I don't do purses but I also know I can't fit diapers onto my hip so this might have to wait.

A few plans for the week…
The week of appointments. After ballet tonight, tomorrow is doctor's (ultrasound!!!), hair cut, massage, then Friday is dentist for Avila (cavity filling, booooo) and Relay for Life, Saturday is bootcamp and Sunday is making daddy feel special day.

One of my favorite things…
all the little signs and signals that the kids are growing up. Like the fact that Max will hardly hug or kiss me anymore. OK, I don't like that part but it means I get to keep knowing and discoerving these amazing little people.

A picture to share…
quite ingenious answers, if you ask me.





























No comments: