November 23, 2014

Weekend Reads

Rain, sun, rain, rain, sun, rain, rain, sun. Crazy weird weather that can't decide what it's gonna do. But right now is glorious sun which means the kids are outside (who am I kidding, I kick them out when it's raining, too) and I'm curled up on the couch in SWEATS (yes they have a place), lounging in front of the fire. Seahawks are (kind of) winning, baby and crazy toddler man are napping, lesson plans are done for the week (well, only Monday-Tuesday because we're breaking it for Thxgiving), husband is next to me on the couch yelling at the (kind of) winning Seahawks and the only thing that's annoying about this current moment is the bouncing laptop on my lap. Should totally rename it NON-laptop.

Since I have a lot of nursing time with cute Lola baby I dink around on the internet and stumble across lots of things to read. Here are some of my favorites (and a dumb one I have opinions on) from this past week.

Happy Sunday!


*Storyline Blog: The Emptiness of Accolades (love this. True contentment is not found in what others think of us. "If you are hoping to find your self-worth and fulfillment in other people's opinion...you will never find it.")

*Small Things: Preparing For Advent and Christmas (can you believe ADVENT starts NEXT SUNDAY??!!!)

*Salon: Home-schooled and Illiterate (I don't have enough words to say how dumb this article is. Of course there are extremes for everything but I saw this floating around Facebook (Huffington Post-ish) and nicely put is a silly little piece...of work)

*Super Healthy Kids: Thick and Creamy Chocolate Mousse (gluten and dairy free - I would probably reduce the honey to 2TB because we don't like things super sweet)

*Mom Life Now: Crazy Hot Sex (don't let the title make you all riled up. This is an awesome letter from a mom to her daughter about TRUE freaking love.)



PS: Seahawks are REALLY winning now. Go Hawks!












No comments: