January 30, 2015

7 Quick Takes

1. I forgot to mention one oh-so-importante piece of how I stayed well while growing a human: massage. I batted my eyes for a massage prescription from my OB and spent every other (sometimes every) week over with Jami at Bodhi Wellness. She is the BOMB. She put me back together and lined everything up and I call her the "body whisperer." Now I just need to think up another reason for a massage prescription...hmmmm....newborn baby carrying backache???


2. Found the most amazing product for severe dry skin: Aquafor. It's like a clear paste and I rub it in the kids' faces every night before bed (their skin gets so dry and flaky in the winter). I also rub it on my feet before I go to bed and it's like a pedicure in a jar. That's all I have to say about it. Because the product speaks for itself.


3. I also found some denim that doesn't break the bank: Treasure and Bond from Nordstrom. They run pretty true to size, although I sized up in the picture below for a more relaxed fit. Mine were on sale for $52.90, regular $88. Not bad for some good denim. Other great brand, Kut from the Kloth.  Their prices are awesome and the denim is great quality. I find that brand runs true to size/a bit big so I always size down.




Sweater Halogen Nordstrom  - Tank James Perse  -  Denim Treasure and Bond (sold out) Similar styles here  -  Shoes Chinese Laundry Similar here  - Watch Daniel Wellington  - Engraveable bar necklace (it says ALOHA) Stella and Dot



4. More Magna Tile fun. The block tile things can be played with by a 2-year-old or 6-year-old. One of the bestest toys we have.






5. I found that one of the best ways I can get over my grumpiness about doing crap around the house is to set a stop watch. Instead of mulling over the fact I have to unload the dishwasher (AGAIN. We are now a "run it twice a day" family) I set the timer to see how long it actually takes me. When I realized that I can bust out the kitchen in 10 minutes or 5 loads of laundry folded/put away in 20 minutes I stopped complaining. I must be a 4-year-old boy or something - motivated by competition with the clock.


6. Michael and Avila went to the daddy-daughter dance at our Parish School and had a blast Last year she cried because she didn't know anyone. This year she cut a rug up front - dancing so much that she was sore the next morning.











7. Avila and I started a journal together. I write during the day, she writes at night. I won't share any more of what we write other than this but I'm telling you this is, by far, one of the most special and insightful things I have done with my children. I plan on doing it with her like, um, for forever. And hopefully with the boys, too. But we'll see how much they really want to divulge their feelings. Oh, maybe Levi will. Because he tells me every other minute how much I hurt his feelings when I get mad when he sits in his own poop for 3 hours and doesn't tell me. 






























3 comments:

Unknown said...

The journal idea...now that is a good one! I think I'm going to have to do that with Sky!

Lauren @ Here We Geaux said...

Oh I love this journal idea! My husband and I shared a journal (notebook) while we dated long-distance for two years and this sounds like it could be a way to continue our legacy someday!

Unknown said...

Jen it is so much fun to do! And Lauren, that is such a great idea to do in a dating relationship or ever with a spouse. (I"m more of a writer than a talker, hahah)