January 2, 2015

Just do it.


Oh. my. word. I cannot seem to get my crap together this week. I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off - 5,000 things to do and no semblance of order in which to even start getting them all done. Mostly I have 4,000 emails and 1,000 pieces of laundry so the kids just have to deal (Max loves shorts anyway....and that's all he has clean) and everyone else will just be mad at me for not calling/emailing/texting them back yet.



Yes, I feel this way too, Levi.



I'm even feeling super uninspired here. I have a lot of ideas and posts floating around in my head and I hope to just bust them out over the weekend and GET THEM OUTTA MA BRAIN. But for today there is only one thing that comes to mind:


JUST DO IT.


Not the Nike kind (although I will be putting those on soon for my killing session at Innovative). I mean, sometimes all you (I) want to do is put my head in the sand (or back on the pillow) and avoid the super long list that seems overwhelming and daunting and un-check-offable. But I can't avoid that list. I even made myself get up at 5:00am this morning to give myself extra (dawdling) time to see if I can get it done before the kids get up. It's almost 6am and all I have to show for it is a nursed baby and 2 cups of coffee. Oh and half a blog post. I guess that's not too shabby...


But what I was thinking about when feeding the Lola this morning is that, sometimes...a lot of times...you just have to do it. Forget about inspirations and perfect timing and all that jazz because what if that never comes along? What if I don't get any other chance today other than RIGHT NOW to do X, Y, and Z? That means I have to pull up my britches and start clicking things off one by one, no matter how I feel.


I guess JUST DO IT is a good thing to ponder at the start of another year. A lot of us have goals, resolutions, and aspirations for what we want 2015 to be. We are motivated and rejuvenated to begin anew and conquer those bad boys. But eventually the newness will fade and the inspirations will too. All we will be left with is the dirty work and the choice to keep putting one foot in front of the other no matter how much it sucks or we want to throw in the towel.


That's it, Kristine. Kick yourself in the pants. Tell yourself to buck up and stop complaining and make the choice to do the hard stuff. Make the choice to do what doesn't feel so great (namely NOT BURNING my to do list) and make today a great day. One step at a time, one email at a time, one TO DO on my list at a time. And eventually it'll all add up to being done. At some point. When I'm 75.


TGIF.

















No comments: