August 7, 2007

Happy Anniversary!








On Saturday, August 4th, we celebrated our one year anniversary! I would've posted sooner, but I was out of town last week (over our special day!) with Bellarmine High School at a Christian camp - but more on that in a later post.

Over the course of this year we have been through a lot together as husband and wife. There was the 8 month selling of Michael's house and the "wonderful" surprises that went with that. We shared a 600 sq. ft. apartment (which was actually quite cool), we bought and remodeled our first home, and now we are expecting our first child (see the previous post if this is news to you!). God has taught me so much about what it means to be married and how we are truly called out of ourselves to serve one another.

Michael, you are more of a man than I ever dreamed I would have in a husband. Thank you for working hard at work, and then coming home to work even harder. Thank you for all you've done to challenge me in my weaknesses. And thank you for loving me like you do. I only hope that I can support you like you support me. I think we make a pretty good team.

Some people think that one must be "settled" and "established" to be "smart enough" to get married and have kids. I think the opposite. I am grateful God allowed us to get married "young" because there has been less time for our own selfish tendencies and ways of life to set in. We can journey down this road of discovery together and learn who we are in the context of loving each other day to day.

Our hope is that, despite the hard times and struggles we will have, we can stay united together to fight against the world that tries to break us down. Family, put in the simplest way possible, is the most important thing. This is where we learn who we truly are. This is where we become less selfish. And family is our path to Heaven. We truly believe this and we are looking forward to many many more years together!!!

No comments: